Hyner Labor Day Weekend

All things flight-related for Hang Glider and Paraglider pilots: flying plans, site info, weather, flight reports, etc. Newcomers always welcome!

Moderator: CHGPA BOD

Spark

Hyner Labor Day Weekend

Post by Spark »

So Hyner was a blast, as usual.

I flew Pulpit on Friday morning before driving N to Hyner. While at Hyner, I flew early morning cloud dive three days consecutively, two in PG and the last one in the Tandem Falcon 2 with Brian's friend Nemer. It is pretty cool to see your 'Glory' (shadow against the cloud with a rainbow around it.) There are some photos at the link below.

While at Hyner, I flew a dozen times (PG and HG) including two tandem rides. I never got more than a few hundred over launch, but really enjoyed the views. Shawn and Dennis also used my new wing for some tandem fun.

On the way home, a few of us stopped at Jacks - conditions were light (5-6mph) so I did a forward inflation with the PG from behind the guard rail and took a sled ride.

Photos at:

http://community.webshots.com/album/443538716owgDex
'Spark
silverwings

Post by silverwings »

Arrived about 12:00 on Saturday to fairly breezy conditions which diminished some. Flew my hg for an extended and my pg at sunset for a sled. There were periods that hgs and pgs got soaring flights. Sunday, conditions were lighter and I flew my PG 3 times with 1/2 hour soaring flight early afternoon. A few spectacular flights by others that day but then conditions went too cross for late day flights. Monday, conditions were light and variable and I got an extended hg flight but winds started getting more and more cross so we left about 2:30. Some others flew pg and hg on Monday with sleds. Very beautiful weather for the weekend at Hyner.
john middleton (202)409-2574 c