Sunday 8/21 Woodstock

All things flight-related for Hang Glider and Paraglider pilots: flying plans, site info, weather, flight reports, etc. Newcomers always welcome!

Moderator: CHGPA BOD

silverwings

Sunday 8/21 Woodstock

Post by silverwings »

Heading to Woodstock today with Bob Peterson (new H2) so he can get his first mountain flight(s).
john middleton (202)409-2574 c
hang_pilot

Post by hang_pilot »

Did Bob have his first flight on Sunday?

~D
silverwings

Post by silverwings »

Fantastic flying at Woodstock. Initially too strong for the PG's and for Bob, so Adam and I launched 2-2:30 and we both had great flights getting some nice thermals up to 4-5k above (neither of us dressed for it) and I flew out past 81. We both landed by choice around 4:00 and I went back up to launch Bob. Juan had launched his PG earlier as we were starting to head back up, and then disappeared. Conditions had mellowed some and Bob had a nice launch at 5:10 and then worked his way above launch. Next Tom launched his PG and after 10 minutes radioed that he felt conditions were fine for the other PG's to fly. Still a bit strong at launch for my taste but during the next hour we all launched our PG's and the air was super. After flying for :30 I told Bob by radio that he should head out and land ending his 1:45 first mountain flight! All the PG's except me and one other flew XC. I landed by choice after a very nice 1:05 flight. I think Juan landed near Front Royal. It was an incredible day and turned out just perfect for Bob.
john middleton (202)409-2574 c