Friday Flying?

All things flight-related for Hang Glider and Paraglider pilots: flying plans, site info, weather, flight reports, etc. Newcomers always welcome!

Moderator: CHGPA BOD

Spark

Friday Flying?

Post by Spark »

Any one interested in flying on Friday. I'm thinking of heading to the Pulpit in the afternoon.
'Spark
dbodner

Friday Flying?

Post by dbodner »

I'm going to see if i can get out early.

David Bodner
d.bodner@verizon.net
(703) 516-7101
(703) 946-0123 cell
KI4AFI

On Aug 4, 2005, at 4:14 PM, Spark wrote:

>
> Any one interested in flying on Friday. I'm thinking of heading to
> the Pulpit in the afternoon.'Spark
> 301-462-8320
> http://community.webshots.com/user/sparkozoid
>
rancerupp

Post by rancerupp »

I'll be arriving at Blue Sky at about noon.
rancerupp

Post by rancerupp »

Never mind. I'm bailing. Just tooooo hot/humid.
Spark

Flyday Frying Retort

Post by Spark »

Hung out with Bruce and Hank from 1:30pm until about 5pm. Winds started at about 25, but decreased steadily and averaged about 18. We were all a bit leary of embedded Tstorms.

About 5pm, Hank headed for home and Joe Dell (our neighbor) came over to chat about windmills. Winds were steady 15 with clear skys upwind. After a lengthy chat with Joe, I assembled the Tandem Falcon and launched around 6pm, but by the time I walked to launch, winds had abated to about 8mph. It was marginally soarable. I headed S, but never got above launch.

I tried a new landing approach, hooking around the treeline and making an uphill landing in the grass just to the N of the house on the S end of the LZ. Bruce retrieved. Ironically, winds were back to 15-18 when we returned to launch just after 7pm.

I am heading to Oregon Ridge with plans to arrive at 9am Saturday for some PG training. I'll have three wings with me and will be there until about 2pm.
'Spark