High Rock Sun Nov 11th

All things flight-related for Hang Glider and Paraglider pilots: flying plans, site info, weather, flight reports, etc. Newcomers always welcome!

Moderator: CHGPA BOD

A.Lloyd

High Rock Sun Nov 11th

Post by A.Lloyd »

Any interest if it's soar-able? They still need more footage for MD by Air.
markc

Re: High Rock Sun Nov 11th

Post by markc »

This past Sunday was actually soarable at High Rock. So it was a bit frustrating to show up, only to find that no flying/video was taking place.

Completely understand how complicated it is to arrange something like this...But a little more info/comms from the organizers would be helpful!
A.Lloyd

Post by A.Lloyd »

I understand. We just don't have the numbers anymore. The responsibility was dual and the 2nd organizer was at Lookout. The last 2 rounds he was pulling pilots from PA. I think most people don't use this as a communication source anymore. They only use it to post flight reports.
markc

Post by markc »

Sat Nov 10 now looks like the better day.

*edit* Sorry, date-challenged.... Saturday is Nov 11 :oops:

Agree that the forum might not be the place to plan/organize. However, a single-post "It's A Go" (or the opposite) would be great. At least we would know whether launch help was needed.... Kind of sucks to drive up and then just head back home.
A.Lloyd

Post by A.Lloyd »

You're right. I gathered that from your original post. Right now there are not enough pilots to fly high rock on Saturday November 11. Let's let it cook tomorrow and decide tomorrow evening. I'll post the consensus here.
A.Lloyd

Post by A.Lloyd »

It's no go for High Rock tomorrow Saturday Nov. 11th.
markc

Post by markc »

Ah, bummer... Thanks for the heads-up Anthony. Maybe there will be another day in the week ahead!