Pulpit to Ravens Haven flight

All things flight-related for Hang Glider and Paraglider pilots: flying plans, site info, weather, flight reports, etc. Newcomers always welcome!

Moderator: CHGPA BOD

1otIII2007

Pulpit to Ravens Haven flight

Post by 1otIII2007 »

https://flyxc.app/?s=20&l=xc&p=iqrrFjby ... 7029598208 Here is a link to my flight today at the Pulpit. I hope it works. I got up to 5200' MSL There were three places that were tough. The rest of the flight was relatively easy. Getting onto the ridge north of launch was the first difficult place. Crossing over the turnpike was the second difficult place. And then getting onto the Ravens Haven ridge was the most difficult. I ended up with 4 hours in the air and had a nice landing at the main Ravens Haven landing field. 80.3 km.
lplehmann

Re: Pulpit to Ravens Haven flight

Post by lplehmann »

Congratulations! That was one helluva flight. And it sure is nice to see a genuinely interesting flight posted here. It's been a long time.
Pete
ps Could you please post the actual igc file for the flight?
Pete Lehmann
krryerson

Post by krryerson »

Allan,
With your amazing SKILLS, and in the pleasant seasons of a good spring, summer, or early fall XC DAY, you could easily cover more great distances.
I attempted it once and managed to cover only 30 kilometers. However, I made a mistake by jumping over to the Ridge behind.
Despite that, I don't think I would have gone that far without doing so.
Knut
markc

Post by markc »

Awesome flight Allan, thanks for the flight report!