*Maybe* a Smithsburg practice day Sat11Feb?

All things flight-related for Hang Glider and Paraglider pilots: flying plans, site info, weather, flight reports, etc. Newcomers always welcome!

Moderator: CHGPA BOD

markc

*Maybe* a Smithsburg practice day Sat11Feb?

Post by markc »

If the winds back down in the afternoon and there are signs of NW/NNW, it might be an ok day at the hill. Any interest out there?
A.Lloyd

Re: *Maybe* a Smithsburg practice day Sat11Feb?

Post by A.Lloyd »

I can be there in the afternoon.
markc

Post by markc »

By mid-afternoon, the NWS hourly sfc 'cast is calling for nearly NW. I think it's worth the gamble to head up to SBurg for a look. Hopefully we won't see a hard-N all day.... Anthony seems interested, and so does Charlie.

Come on out, it'll do ya good!
markc

Post by markc »

Well.... It was more N than the optimistic sfc forecast predicted. But can't say I was really surprised, definitely a gamble.

Anthony and Charlie F and myself, and Keith Ford (plus his two awesome dogs) swung by to catch up and enjoy the day.

Conditions earlier were definitely better. But by the time I was ready to go (1:30?), the N cycles were starting to blow. Things would swing in pretty darn well, especially when there was more sun. With patience I was able to get four flights in. But a couple landings weren't the best, sigh!

Then the N really started to kick in....Like maybe 30 min between cycles, or more?

Anthony got two or three. Charlie only had one, given his arrival time. But at least we all got to fly!
A.Lloyd

Post by A.Lloyd »

Good day