Pulpit Sunday Dec. 4th

All things flight-related for Hang Glider and Paraglider pilots: flying plans, site info, weather, flight reports, etc. Newcomers always welcome!

Moderator: CHGPA BOD

XCanytime

Pulpit Sunday Dec. 4th

Post by XCanytime »

Looks good after noon. A might chilly, but soarable all day. Same pattern as last Saturday, but 15 ° cooler :shock: . Bacil
XCanytime

Re: Pulpit Sunday Dec. 4th

Post by XCanytime »

See next post.
Last edited by XCanytime on Mon Dec 05, 2022 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
XCanytime

Post by XCanytime »

On point! Arrived at noon to already soarable conditions. Winds on the ramp were moderate, and the skies overhead had lots of dense cirrus. 15 minutes later found out that the only other person who was going to show was Allan (around 1P). What a bummer, because conditions were PERFECT! So I decided that Allan would be the only one flying today.

He arrived on time. Just before 2P it picked up to my kind of air, due to the dense cirrus dissipating completely in the local area. Allan and I tried the ramp, and it was too much. We tried the pad, and it was too much. So we parked the glider back in the setup area, joined by Denny from nearby Needmore, and Storm, his black Lab bird dog.

After chatting for 20 some minutes w/ Denny, Allan and I noticed that the conditions had backed off nicely. So to save Allan some energy, I carried his glider up to the back of the ramp. From there it was an easy ascent to the chocks. A smooth cycle soon appeared, and Allan took it, having an uneventful launch. He got up easily, and flew for just under an hour, maxing out at 1K'+ over.

After he had an uneventful landing, Allan and I lamented the lack of pilots. All I could think of to say was to quote John Belushi's character Bluto Blutarski from the classic movie Animal House. Bacil
markc

Post by markc »

Sorry to hear that you guys were stranded much of the day without wirecrew Bacil :( I did consider swinging by prior to Smithsburg to help out, but I had a holiday tree-trimming commitment late PM, and knew I couldn't do both. Sure did look like a great Pulpit day.... We were likewise commenting on the lack of pilots at the training hill, with Eddie remembering many days when there would be big turnouts at *both* the Pulpit and SBurg.