Sacramento Tuesday Nov. 8th

All things flight-related for Hang Glider and Paraglider pilots: flying plans, site info, weather, flight reports, etc. Newcomers always welcome!

Moderator: CHGPA BOD

XCanytime

Re: Sacramento Tuesday Nov. 8th

Post by XCanytime »

Couldn't pass up the SAC yesterday. As usual, got up there around 2:15P after working in the AM. Found lots of pilots. Imagine that! In the air already were Will Hynla and Allan Bawell. Joe Gorrie was heading to launch. Jeff Vaughan and Dave Black were set up already, and Karen Gorrie was assisting launches. Beat feat to get set up as quickly as possible. As soon as I started setting up Doug Rogers showed up around 2:30P.

I got on top of the mound just after 3P. Light to moderate conditions on launch. Prior to me Joe got up, Jeff sledded, and Dave got up. A nice smooth cycle arrived, and I jumped on it. Had a good launch and figure 8ed in some lift after clearing the slot, not turning immediately like usual. Had to be smart and turn only in lift. Slowly ascended and finally got on top of the ridge to the west (not to the east like usual).

Spied the 4 pilots already in the air and worked the light lift to ascend. After 45 minutes finally found a "good one" halfway towards the Klingerstown Gap and reached 1500' over. By this time it was 4P, so I relaxed and flew back towards the LZ, taking in the view of the valley. Had a nice aircraft approach and landed on my feet for a change. Got just under an hour. Wanted to get down in time to break down before the 5P sunset.

Jeff went back up and scored a soaring flight. All pilots landed in the main LZ w/ smiles on their faces. Wow 7 pilots soaring the SAC on a Tuesday in November. When was the last time that happened? Bacil