Some HG Pics : Sun Oct 09 : Pulpit

All things flight-related for Hang Glider and Paraglider pilots: flying plans, site info, weather, flight reports, etc. Newcomers always welcome!

Moderator: CHGPA BOD

markc

Some HG Pics : Sun Oct 09 : Pulpit

Post by markc »

A few HG pics from The Pulpit last Sunday. I could not fly (unhappy knee after a run), but there were plenty of pilots in the air: Bacil, Bari, Allan, Walt, and Doug. Hopefully we'll get some flight reports in addition to Bacil's, and/or some additional pics. It was also great seeing Charlie and Natalie, very cool to catch up with them on such a nice fall day.

(Wow, getting portrait-mode thumbnails and pics to orient vertically is a major PITA. I've found that a rotated pic will render differently on my PC, Photos App vs Windows Photo Viewer vs MS Paint vs MS Office. I have no clue yet as to how/why. Only work-around I've come up with is to make a copy of the original full-size pic. Then go in and rotate, and quit. Then go in a second time and resize for the forum. It's also possible that MS Office loses its mind when/if identically-named files have been worked on, with multiple versions in the Recycle Bin due to deletes/retries. Major sigh.)
Bacil, shortly after launch. Just a dot in the blue, but I like the mtn ridges of this pic.
Bacil, shortly after launch. Just a dot in the blue, but I like the mtn ridges of this pic.
A bit later, Bacil above launch.
A bit later, Bacil above launch.
Bari, pic #1
Bari, pic #1
Bari, pic #2
Bari, pic #2
Close encounter during the carry from Bacil's out-landing.
Close encounter during the carry from Bacil's out-landing.
Last edited by markc on Tue Oct 11, 2022 10:39 pm, edited 6 times in total.
markc

Re: Some HG Pics : Sun Oct 09 : Pulpit

Post by markc »

Walt on the ramp. I took video rather than pics, so unfortunately this is all I can post from his launch.
Walt on the ramp. I took video rather than pics, so unfortunately this is all I can post from his launch.