Flying happening somewhere today, Tues16Aug?

All things flight-related for Hang Glider and Paraglider pilots: flying plans, site info, weather, flight reports, etc. Newcomers always welcome!

Moderator: CHGPA BOD

markc

Flying happening somewhere today, Tues16Aug?

Post by markc »

Wow, what a rare late-summer awesome easterly day! In Bethesda, rooftop, and it sure feels like it has to be magic somewhere. Please tell me that flights are happening at Bill's or Edith's Gap today!

(even if I don't wanna know) :wink:
Bari

Re: Flying happening somewhere today, Tues16Aug?

Post by Bari »

I was thinking the same too and checked Edith's Gap station several times but it never turned on, there was just no wind. Randy went to checkout Edith's Gap in the evening. It was so light that he decided to bag his PG as it wasn't even good for a forward launch. Thursday and then Saturday look promising for Edith's supposedly :)

Still no word on Bill's hill. Until the forest department doesn't give the go ahead, work can't be done on the site.
A.Lloyd

Re: Flying happening somewhere today, Tues16Aug?

Post by A.Lloyd »

Bill's Hill main LZ is only available in from Fall to Spring when the crops are gone. Jack's is SE. The Hyner Club site says it has Summer crops. Knut and Calvin had those great flights at Gary's beach. His place looks perfect for an Alpha 235.