Bills Hill : Sun May 8

All things flight-related for Hang Glider and Paraglider pilots: flying plans, site info, weather, flight reports, etc. Newcomers always welcome!

Moderator: CHGPA BOD

1otIII2007

Bills Hill : Sun May 8

Post by 1otIII2007 »

The forecast is looking very good to fly Bills Hill on Sunday. What can we do to get it flyable by then?

Allan B.
markc

Re: Bills Hill : Sun May 8

Post by markc »

What can we do to get it flyable
Five pilots with chainsaws? :D

Agree that the forecast looks pretty decent!

My forays in recent years to help clear the slot for HG flights haven't been hugely encouraging (granted, I haven't been to the site in well over a year, so who knows?).

I'm not a big fan of a narrow slot with zero room for error. But that's about the best that I've seen lately. Some pilots have been more comfortable with that than I, which is fine.... But I prefer more of a margin.

Bottom Line: If there's a sudden groundswell of support for a work-party, I would happily join in. Might even throw a glider on the vehicle! :)
XCanytime

Post by XCanytime »

The SAC is flyable in a NE. I'm going there Sunday. Bacil
markc

Post by markc »

Still leaning Bills Hill, if there's any interest in clearing the slot! Do we have some pilots willing to take on a springtime challenge? It ain't gonna clear itself :wink:
1otIII2007

Post by 1otIII2007 »

I would like to go to Bills Hill. I am not sure that we are allowed to do any cutting. Seems like Tom Ceunen says the forest service has not given us the okay to cut. Bari kind of indicated it may be in good enough shape to launch from.

Allan B.
1otIII2007

Post by 1otIII2007 »

Tom Ceunen just posted on their WhatsApp that we do not have permission to fly Bills Hill.

Allan B.