Brrr Weekend

All things flight-related for Hang Glider and Paraglider pilots: flying plans, site info, weather, flight reports, etc. Newcomers always welcome!

Moderator: CHGPA BOD

XCanytime

Brrr Weekend

Post by XCanytime »

Barely tickling 50°F either day, if at all. Looks W to WSW. Bundle up wherever you end up. Bacil
Danny Brotto

Re: Brrr Weekend

Post by Danny Brotto »

Is Smithsburg open? Might be a good option.

Danny Brotto
Bari

Post by Bari »

Yes, Smithsburg is open. Anthony was there over the weekend.

It gets even colder on Mon and Tuesday :)
XCanytime

Post by XCanytime »

I'm looking at Elizabethville on Saturday and the Pulpit on Sunday. The main LZ (winery) at Elizabethville on Saturday is unavailable after noon. A wedding is scheduled. Bacil
XCanytime

Post by XCanytime »

The Sunday fcst has tanked. SW. Now looking at a possible late day flight at Woodstock tomorrow. Anybody else game? Bacil
markc

Post by markc »

I'm keeping an eye on the forecasts for Sat, hoping that there might be more NW by the end of the day than what they're calling for now.

Might be one of those last-minute days: Decide based on the 10am-ish updates.

Ever hopeful! :D
markc

Post by markc »

Not super motivated by what I'm seeing. The 3k 'cast swings WNW by 4pm, but the sfc 'cast does not. And I'm simply not a fan lately of W-cross days at Woodstock. Nothing exciting about the KMRB or KOKV hourly obs. Thick cloud cover on the satellite loop.

It could be one of those days when everything changes as the front pushes through.... But not sure I'm in the gambling mood.

Thoughts?
XCanytime

Post by XCanytime »

I'm out. Bacil
markc

Post by markc »

Satellite now showing a nice slot of clearing skies in VA, and the thicker clouds might be bottled-up along the Blue Ridge.... But yeah, I think I'm out too. Sure wish that the wind direction was better.
XCanytime

Post by XCanytime »

Pulpit blowing 36.7 MPH base wind out of the west :shock: . Woodstock 16.8 MPH base wind out of the WNW. Bacil
markc

Post by markc »

Yeah, armchair QB'ing at this point.... But I'm thinking I shoulda gambled. KFRR reporting NW. Lessee : Load up and on road by 1:30. Arrive at launch 3:30. Set up and ready by 4:30. With less than 30 mins until sunset.

Nope.

Sigh!