Hang Vehicle -- $2,000

HG/PG gear to sell or to buy.

Moderator: CHGPA BOD

dbodner

Hang Vehicle -- $2,000

Post by dbodner »

2001 Mazda Tribute DX with front rack
116k miles, mostly highway. The car sits a lot.
4-wheel drive
2.0L, 4-cylinder. I wouldn't call it peppy, but the engine responds to higher revs. I've never had a problem with merging on the highway.
5-speed manual

The good:
Sheet metal is all good.
Most of the exhaust was replaced recently, except catalytic converter.
New timing belt and water pump at 92k miles.
New tires at 92k miles.
Almost everything functions as intended.
Front rack by Tex. Crossbars on roof rack are padded.
Extra key hidden in bumper, 3 keys total.
Factory stereo replaced by new head unit that includes DVD, GPS, BlueTooth, Pandora, Sirius-XM, and rear camera. The rear camera is manually selected by pushing in the cigarette lighter. It's a little funky. Yes, I installed it myself, and it shows.
With the hatch closed, it can carry a full sheet of plywood or drywall with the end hanging out the rear window.
Trailer hitch

The bad:
A/C doesn't work. The shop wanted lots of money to fix. I wasn't willing and ultimately bought a new, smaller vehicle.
I hit a deer 11 years ago. That did a lot of damage, but it was all professionally repaired.
Stain on front passenger seat (Calzone from Frank's Pizza in Waynesboro, PA. Definitely HG-related). Otherwise, the seats and other fabric look good, no tears.
The shifter is balky. There's nothing wrong with it. That's just how it's always been. The other one I test-drove was balky, too.

Being offered to the HG (or PG) community first.
davidbodner23 [at] gmail
David Bodner
dbodner

Re: Hang Vehicle -- $1,500

Post by dbodner »

OK, no one's beating down my door to buy my vehicle. So here's what I'm gonna do. The price comes down to $1,500. But, more important, don't pay me. Make your check out to your local USHPA chapter.

I have this ad up on the CHGPA site and on the Hyner site. Pick your favorite club, split it between the two, or designate another USHPA chapter. I want my vehicle to remain in the community, and I want free-flight to benefit.

David Bodner
David Bodner
dbodner

Re: Hang Vehicle -- $2,000

Post by dbodner »

Sold!
David Bodner