Future Flying

All things flight-related for Hang Glider and Paraglider pilots: flying plans, site info, weather, flight reports, etc. Newcomers always welcome!

Moderator: CHGPA BOD

hepcat1989

Future Flying

Post by hepcat1989 »

I met with the neurosurgeon yesterday, and went over my MRI. It seems I have two herniated disks in my neck one on top of the other. I will have surgery in two weeks.The procedure is this- take the two disks out, some bone from my hip, and titanium plate to lock it all together.I will lose some mobility,but not too drastic. I will be down for possibly 4-6months.At least it will be winter, and the training hills will be in full swing.This shit sucks, but I need my life back. Can't be living on pain killers.I don't want a monkey on my back! So, I may show up at high Rock 30th to say hey, we'll see.I'm tired of missing out on stuff.So, keep sending the flying stories. I will have some more time on my hands! See you, when I see you. Over, and out for now! Get up, and stay up!!! Peace, Shawn.
Scott

Post by Scott »

Good news/bad news Shawn---sorry to hear you'll be out for a while, but good it's all gettin' fixed. If everyone who got into this sport was as gung-ho as you are, we'd all be flying to the moon! :)

Take it easy,
Scott
Flying Lobster

Post by Flying Lobster »

Best of luck, Shawn. I know what you mean about the last resort. My neck gets sore just thinking about it! Hope you have a loving wife and family--I ended up spending peculiar amounts of time haunting the frozen food sections at grocery stores after my c-fusion operation.

Don't be surprised if your plumbing doesn't work quite right at first after after the general anethesia wears off. :shock:

marc
Great Googly-moo!
Matthew

Get Well Soon

Post by Matthew »

And Shawn, plumbing isn't the only problem. Watch out for those air conditioning glitches. And with neck surgery, you always have to be careful that you don't wake up with the extra heads of Ray Milland and Rosie Greer sewn onto you. That can be a real bummer.

You'll be back in the air in no time. And with those extra heads it will be much easier to clear your turns.

Matthew
hepcat1989

Post by hepcat1989 »

Huh ,? What? Air cond problems, plumbing problems. WTF? :shock: Do I need to get with a post-surgery contractor? Thanks guys I appriciate it! You can be richest man on earth, but if you don't have your heatth you don't have JACK SHIT! Peace, Shawn.