The Bridge field and Farm sale

All things flight-related for Hang Glider and Paraglider pilots: flying plans, site info, weather, flight reports, etc. Newcomers always welcome!

Moderator: CHGPA BOD

Joe Schad

The Bridge field and Farm sale

Post by Joe Schad »

I was just told that the Bridge Field land owner is Auctioning their farm in three or four sections on October 6th. Prangle Auction folks supposedly handling the sale. The bridge fields is likely to be the first section sold. I tried to verify the sale on the Prangle web site but nothing is posted about the sale. Does anyone have and information about the possible sale?

So all our usual landing zones for Woodstock appear to be on the market. All we need is someone with deep pockets to buy one of the fields.

Joe
silverwings

Re: The Bridge field and Farm sale

Post by silverwings »

The Bridge Field property is owned by Linda Marie Hill (who lives in SC) with an address of 1598 Cemetery Road and is a total of 92.324 acres. It is the land on both sides of Woodstock Tower Road and includes the grass field where we have been landing which extends to Cemetary Road and another portion. It's value $718,200 according to the Shenandoah County.
The Bridge Field is approx 18 acres, and the field on the other side which extends closer to the mountain is approx 19.5 acres.

All of the approx fields acres did not include surrounding areas of trees, etc.
john middleton (202)409-2574 c
Joe Schad

Post by Joe Schad »

Yes John, I believe the fields on both sides of the road to launch by are going for sale by auction. I am going to try to confirm that today. The property also includes one of the houses near the dam.

Joe
Joe Schad

Post by Joe Schad »

I meant to post this comment on this forum along with the same post on the facebook page yesterday.

The farm owned by Linda Hill, 1598 Cemetery Rd is indeed being Auctioned on November 6th, election day (not October 6th as I mentioned earlier. the Real Estate Agency is Pangle Real Estate and Auction Company 540-459-2113. They are working on their sales brochure and web notice now an expect to have it out with the next week or two. The property will be sold in two pieces. One piece will include the farm house and all the property south of Woodstock Tower Road. The second piece will be the field north of Woodstock Tower road that most of us refer to as the Bridge field.
Joe
Joe Schad

Post by Joe Schad »

My personal belief at the moment is that the Bridge field purchase is within our ability to raise funds for purchase in a short time frame. Once Pangle Auction folks post their sale information we might have a better idea of the value of the property.

Joe
mcgowantk

Post by mcgowantk »

Thanks for the updates Joe. I agree with you regarding the bridge field. I am looking forward to seeing the auction info.

Tom McGowan
PTerry

Post by PTerry »

I am being asked by some – How much is being asked for these Woodstock properties?

Owner Asking = approximately $800k

Auction Value Est. = ~$750k — $1.5M Range.
Patrick F Terry
CHGPA President
202-309-5362
PatrickFTerry@gmail.com
P4, M2, Observer