UV covers for gliders

All things flight-related for Hang Glider and Paraglider pilots: flying plans, site info, weather, flight reports, etc. Newcomers always welcome!

Moderator: CHGPA BOD

huddlec

UV covers for gliders

Post by huddlec »

Jim Rooney is willing to make some glider covers (to protect your glider from UV) for the low price of $50. He uses Tyvec type material and makes it to fit the glider (which means he'll need the glider to fit it).? Each piece slides onto a wing from the end (like a sock), overlaps in the middle, with?a simple connection to the nose wire in the middle. Very simple to put on.
He won't start until he has 4 gliders to do, since that what a roll of Tyvec will make.? Please let me know if you're interested.? Joe Gregor has already expressed an interest, so we need only 2 more takers.
Christy

mcelrah

UV covers for gliders

Post by mcelrah »

So these go on when the glider is set up to protect it from UV while it sits on the flight line? Fine, I'll take one. - Hugh>

>Date: Wed Jul 13 11:17:37 CDT 2005
>To: hg_forum@chgpa.org
>Subject: UV covers for gliders

>
>Jim Rooney is willing to make some glider covers (to protect your glider from UV) for the low price of $50. He uses Tyvec type material and makes it to fit the glider (which means he'll need the glider to fit it). Each piece slides onto a wing from the end (like a sock), overlaps in the middle, with a simple connection to the nose wire in the middle. Very simple to put on.
> He won't start until he has 4 gliders to do, since that what a roll of Tyvec will make. Please let me know if you're interested. Joe Gregor has already expressed an interest, so we need only 2 more takers.
> Christy
>
>
>__________________________________________________
>Do You Yahoo!?
>Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
>http://mail.yahoo.com
>
>
>
>
>
ebalow98

Post by ebalow98 »

Sign me up for one for my Discus please.

Thanks!

Ed Balow
Scott

Post by Scott »

(To Jim...)

Is there any way to make a cover for a given glider without actually having it? e.g. if we can supply dimensions (wingspan, chord in 3 places, whatever)? I could probably find those dimensions for my Eagle 180. (Unless there are problems fitting the kingpost wires, etc.?)

I plan to make it to Ridgely eventually, just not sure when---but I'd like to buy a cover!

Scott