Snowscape Flying @ The Pulpit 3/24

All things flight-related for Hang Glider and Paraglider pilots: flying plans, site info, weather, flight reports, etc. Newcomers always welcome!

Moderator: CHGPA BOD

XCanytime

Snowscape Flying @ The Pulpit 3/24

Post by XCanytime »

With 9" to 16" of snow possible at Hagerstown tomorrow thru Wednesday, there looks to be a possibility of soaring over a beautiful landscape covered with snow this Saturday. 8 years ago Dan Tuckwiller and I flew over a landscape that saw 50"+ of snow deposited by 2 storms within 4 days of each other. I'm up for doing it again. Park at the bar and hike the equipment in, including snow shovels for clearing the newer ramp and a path to it if necessary. Who's interested? Bacil
Blaine

Re: Snowscape Flying @ The Pulpit 3/24

Post by Blaine »

Where/how did you land with that much snow on the ground?
H3
443-742-3383
XCanytime

Post by XCanytime »

Dan and I landed at the golf course since the parking lot was cleared. Reference http://www.chgpa.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4252 to check out the pics and read the reports. Bacil
wmelo

Post by wmelo »

Since I cannot land on Brazilian sand beaches populated with Brazilian women dressing their huge bikinis, it looks like I will have to content myself by landing on the golf course populated with ugly guys with their flying suites :(

:)

Let us do it!
Walt Melo
walt.melo [at] gmail [dot] com
+1.804.walt.743