Sami could use some assistance

All things flight-related for Hang Glider and Paraglider pilots: flying plans, site info, weather, flight reports, etc. Newcomers always welcome!

Moderator: CHGPA BOD

John Dullahan

Sami could use some assistance

Post by John Dullahan »

As most of you know, on June 20th, in Highland’s first HG fatality during 16 years of operation, Bertrand Delacroix released from tow and was killed while free flying. All of us who knew him were deeply affected. Sami, his soulmate and constant companion for over four years, is still struggling with her loss. Both of them loved flying so much that a year ago Sami stopped working to be with Bertrand, who had recently bought a house near Ridgely to maximize their time there. Unfortunately, Bertrand never got around to making a will for Sami. Since neither NY nor MD recognize common law marriage, it’s highly unlikely Sami will inherit anything from the sale of Bertrand’s galleries, restaurant, or other properties. Since Sami is unemployed, she could use some financial assistance until she finds a new job. Should you wish to donate, you can send a check made out to Samira Lakhani, to: Sami C/O Highland Aerosports, 24038 Race Track Rd. Ridgely, MD 21660
John Dullahan
markc

Re: Sami could use some assistance

Post by markc »

**Urrff**

I think we've all been worried about the legal implications....

So thank you John for letting us know about the need. I'll combat my procrastinator ways, and get something on its way to Highland tomorrow. We need to pull together to help Sami out.

MarkC
John Dullahan

Re: Sami could use some assistance

Post by John Dullahan »

Thanks Mark; also for your deft editing of the subject line.
John Dullahan