HOLD THE DATES: 2015 Annual Fly-In Aug 29-30/Sep 12-13

Post club-related and other events here! This forum is open to visitors... But note that all event postings have to be approved by a moderator before they will appear. See this forum's charter for more information.

Moderator: CHGPA BOD

eggzkitz

HOLD THE DATES: 2015 Annual Fly-In Aug 29-30/Sep 12-13

Post by eggzkitz »

It's time to start thinking about flying, camping and general socializing!

Based on previous years experiences, local expertise, and the calendar, we're going to shoot for Aug 29-30 this year (weekend before Labor Day) with Sep 12-13 (weekend after Labor Day) as the backup weekend if the first one doesn't work out. We'll plan on camping out both Friday night and Saturday night, with both Saturday and Sunday being flying days. We'll use the concept from last year, whereby we called the base camp the week prior based on the weather/forecast, and we'll hope to Pulpit given the convenience, etc. And we'll make the final weekend weather call on Thursday night prior to the weekend. SO for now, please plan on joining us for some camping and flying that first weekend.

Cheers,
Jeff
Jeff Eggers
CHGPA President
USHPA 82627
FCC KK4QMQ
eggzkitz

Re: HOLD THE DATES: 2015 Annual Fly-In Aug 29-30/Sep 12-13

Post by eggzkitz »

As in past years, I think the basic format for the fly-in will be camping Friday and Saturday nights, with potential casual task/open distance flying on Saturday and Sunday.

We can discuss logistics and the basic plan at the 8/14 summer meeting, but I'd like to ask for a few volunteers to assist with the preparation and planning, in three basic categories:

- Camping Logistics
- Food and Cooking (coolers, ice, and bbq/gas -- it will be bring your own food/drink)
- Task and Retrieve

Let me know if you're willing to assist!

Thanks,
Jeff
Jeff Eggers
CHGPA President
USHPA 82627
FCC KK4QMQ
dbodner

Post by dbodner »

The Pulpit could use a haircut. Is the club wheedwhacker in decent shape? If so, I'll spend a day up there in cleanup mode.
David Bodner
eggzkitz

Post by eggzkitz »

So I can get an idea of numbers, please let me know if you're planning on coming to the fly-in.

We have an event on the Club Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/events/1625755121046211/ where you can RSVP, or email me at jeff.eggers@gmail.com..

Thanks!
Jeff Eggers
CHGPA President
USHPA 82627
FCC KK4QMQ
eggzkitz

DATE CHANGE: 2015 Annual Fly-In Aug 29-30/Sep 12-13

Post by eggzkitz »

Based on tonight's club meeting discussion and a vote among those in attendance, we've shifted the primary dates of the fly-in to Sep 12-13 in order to try and maximize turnout. Secondary/back-up dates will be the following weekend Sep 19-20. Still need volunteers to help with grill, coolers, etc.
Jeff Eggers
CHGPA President
USHPA 82627
FCC KK4QMQ