Pulpit Saturday was...

All things flight-related for Hang Glider and Paraglider pilots: flying plans, site info, weather, flight reports, etc. Newcomers always welcome!

Moderator: CHGPA BOD

hanging3

Pulpit Saturday was...

Post by hanging3 »

NW 3-7
Dennis,Brian VanHull,Shawn and I.
Arrived 10:30 coming straight in light.
Launched a little after 1. Dennis got about 20 min and maybe 700 over, shawn pulled an extendo, I had a luge ride to the main. Launched in to what I gather was the trash behind a thermal. Coming in around 5 and after running the whole ramp still had to dive it out. Not a bump all the way down the ridge. No problem making the main though. Finally the vario beeps when I'm starting my 360's down over the LZ. A 90 degree switch on final did not help but put it down nice for a 1 stepper. Brian elected to wait a little while after seeing my launch but still ended up with sled. Gregory (the Greek) shows and extendos at 3:30.Tuned on at 4 on Dennis's second flight....He was last seen 1500 over and climbing over the back. Dang, he was right it did open back up after a short OD.

Was thinking Bills but will probably go Kayaking today.
joe b
hanging<10
hepcat1989

Post by hepcat1989 »

I got to launch around1pm. The wind was crossing from the north. A straight cycle came in, and I took it.That was the sportiest air I have flown in yet.I started setting up over the primary,and hit this small powerful thermal that made my side wires SLAP. I managed to land with a no stepper by Brian's wind sock. I had fun! Shawn