2015 XC League

All things flight-related for Hang Glider and Paraglider pilots: flying plans, site info, weather, flight reports, etc. Newcomers always welcome!

Moderator: CHGPA BOD

eggzkitz

2015 XC League

Post by eggzkitz »

Fellow pilots --

I’m looking to set up another XC league for the PG crew this season, so let me know who is interested. I’ll post and send the waypoints to those participating. If you want to join, send me your basic info, to include cell #, callsign, livetrack or spot name, and wing type.

I’ve created a group (“CHGPA Group”) on flytrace.com for those that have SPOT tracking. If you don’t have some form of tracking going yet, I highly recommend it. The new SPOT Gen3 is a good deal and the basic package includes 10 min interval tracking, which can go to the flytrace group page. Otherwise there are some free options from your smartphone if you have an external battery and good coverage. Let me know if you need help with this.

Some of us have discussed the various formats for trying to do semi-organized XC flying in this area. Overall, the consensus seems to be that we need to pick a day so that people can plan to be there, and then call the site on the morning of the designated day, and then try either a task or open-distance flight from that site, again depending on the day. Some days may be task flying, some may be open distance.

So our first day will be this Sunday, April 12. If it looks good that morning, we’ll call a site by 9 am and then plan to meet at 11 or 12, depending on the day.

Hope to see you there.

Best,
Jeff
Jeff Eggers
CHGPA President
USHPA 82627
FCC KK4QMQ
eggzkitz

April 12: 2015 XC League

Post by eggzkitz »

Tomorrow looks like a potentially decent day to go XC from Daniels.

Load the waypoints and plan to make a call and head out around 9 am.

Cheers,
Jeff
Jeff Eggers
CHGPA President
USHPA 82627
FCC KK4QMQ
jmcrocker

Re: 2015 XC League

Post by jmcrocker »

Jeff,

I'm a P2 with mountain flying experience looking to fly tomorrow, do you know if any observers may head to Daniel's. I'm not looking to go XC just to get some airtime and would be available to retrieve.

Jim C.
mingram

Post by mingram »

Hey Jim. I can observe for you. Let's talk in the morning
Matt Ingram
CHGPA President
P4 Observer
mingram@vt.edu
jmcrocker

Post by jmcrocker »

Thanks Matt. Talk to you tomorrow.

Jim
3o1.529.3007
Dan T

Post by Dan T »

Jeff has written up a very ambitious XC task to get the season started. Come on out it should be a great day. Drivers and H2/P2 wind dummies especially welcome.

Dan