Taylor's Holiday Gift

For issues related to CHGPA's operations and responsibilities

Moderator: CHGPA BOD

silverwings

Taylor's Holiday Gift

Post by silverwings »

Received the following from Mrs. Taylor: Happy New Year! Please extend my appreciation to the members of the Hang Gliding association for the delicious box of fruit. I always share a bit of it with the P.O. personnel so it is good to use the PO box address for both deliveries and letters - safer too - again, many thanks. Laura Stuart Taylor
john middleton (202)409-2574 c
dbodner

Re: Taylor's Holiday Gift

Post by dbodner »

That's great news. We've been sending out fruit for a long time, and recently I began wondering if the addressees with PO boxes were getting their gifts. Thanks, John, for reaching out to Mrs. Taylor and for giving me her physical address. Even if the fruit eventually gets through, I'd rather send it directly to her house.

I have a couple of other addresses with PO boxes. Kenneth Glazier owns the HG primary LZ for the Pulpit. I don't know if anyone's talked with him in a long time. According to the internet, he celebrated his 25th wedding anniversary in 1984, so he's got to be getting on in years. If anyone has any more information, especially a physical address, I'd love to have it.

Veryl Nonnemaker owns the Bill's LZ, but I thought I'd heard that his LZ is now off-limits. So maybe his PO box is a moot issue.
David Bodner
Dan T

Bill's Hill landowner issue

Post by Dan T »

I've heard that there is some family debate by the landowners as to whether or not they want to continue to permit us to land in the traditional primary LZ there. On the assumption that the issue isn't entirely settled, maybe the best course of action would to to inquire as to whether or not our previous holiday gifts have been arriving. This might provide an opening to reestablish a dialog with the land owners.
silverwings

Re: Taylor's Holiday Gift

Post by silverwings »

David, Mrs. Taylor said the PO box is better for her.
john middleton (202)409-2574 c