USHPA announces a voting issue requiring a revote

For issues related to CHGPA's operations and responsibilities

Moderator: CHGPA BOD

Dan T

USHPA announces a voting issue requiring a revote

Post by Dan T »

Yesterday I received an email from the USHPA elections official announcing the fact that they had a problem with the votes that were submitted during the first week of the election period. The email was entitled "Voting Issue Discovered" and the text of it is copied below. This morning I learned that not every one of our Chapter members has gotten the word. This could be simply because they had not yet voted during the period in question or could be a wider issue than that. I have written to the elections officer asking for clarification. In the meantime I felt it prudent to inform you of the situation. If you voted during the first week of this election cycle please take the time to read the instructions and vote again.

The text of the letter is contained below.

Dan Tomlinson
Candidate for Region 9 Director

----------

Voting Issue Discovered
Please Revote Now!
Dear USHPA Voter:

You are receiving this notice because according to our records, you cast a vote in the USHPA Regional Director Election between November 1, 2014 at 12am MDT and November 6, 2014 at 12pm MST. Unfortunately, votes cast by members during this time-frame have been corrupted and therefore invalidated.

Please take the time to re-cast your vote at this time. Your voter log-in and password will remain the same. USHPA is re-mailing your voting credentials to you in case you have lost or discarded your original voting letter. You should receive this letter by Friday, November 14th so please look for it.

Re-Vote Now

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. We take the integrity of the USHPA Regional Director Elections very seriously, and therefore are making every effort to ensure each vote is accounted for both fairly and accurately.

Thank you for your time and please re-vote now!

Sincerely,
Mark Forbes
USHPA Election Director
MikeB

Re: USHPA announces a voting issue requiring a revote

Post by MikeB »

I called USHPA and votes only before noon yesterday were corrupted/gone. Please re-vote.
CraginS

Re: USHPA announces a voting issue requiring a revote

Post by CraginS »

The problem was not a hack or attack or anything nefarious. The office staff had accidentally listed magazine subscribers in with members when building the vote list manually. Only those who voted during the period of double-released ballots were notified of the revote. Mark Forbes explains it nicely on OzReport
http://ozreport.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=39841