Fisher Road on Sunday

All things flight-related for Hang Glider and Paraglider pilots: flying plans, site info, weather, flight reports, etc. Newcomers always welcome!

Moderator: CHGPA BOD

Spark

Fisher Road on Sunday

Post by Spark »

I headed to Fisher road with Shawn on Sunday. winds were light, but Shawn was able to make a flight. He had a great launch and approach, nailing the spot we set in the LZ. I elected to watch and drive. Photos of Shawn's flight are at the following links:

http://community.webshots.com/photo/637 ... 9055UkGCXr
http://community.webshots.com/photo/637 ... 9125RDsBUJ
http://community.webshots.com/photo/637 ... 8882VMRocR

There is now a locked cable across the road to the LZ, located not far from the entrance. I suspect it is to keep vandals away, now that Anna is not there.

Some people showed up to ride 4-wheelers and left the cable unlocked for us. Had they not done so, we would have had a very long carry-out from the LZ.

The cattle are gone, so the jaggerbushes in the LZ are growing at full speed. The slot needs some work also. I'd hate to lose the site. Anyone want to form a work party?

'Spark
'Spark
hepcat1989

Post by hepcat1989 »

Thanks Spark for taking me to that site. I like that one very much! There was no wind, maybe a puff when I launched. Out of all the sites i've launched this one had me anxious! The lz seems so far away,and it's tight!When Spark,and I walked the lz it didn't seem any worse than the secondary at the pulpit. We talked about approaches,and I chose a dbf with right turns. I don't seem to have a problem with right turns or left turns on approach, I like to do them from both sides.I launched in light wind. I then headed out to the far end to stage an approach. I hit sink, had to do a short downwind - half lz, and then base, final and no stepper near the marker. Really nice site! Hey spark i'm up for a work party. It's a site worth keeping up on! Shawn.
hang_pilot

Fisher Road on Sunday

Post by hang_pilot »

[Spark] I headed to Fisher road with Shawn on Sunday. winds were light, but Shawn was able to make a flight. He had a great launch and approach, nailing the spot we set in the LZ. I elected to watch and drive. Photos of Shawn's flight are at the following links:

[Daniel] Congrats on the Spot, Shawn, and for just notching another flight! Keep it up!

[Spark] The slot needs some work also. I'd hate to lose the site. Anyone want to form a work party?

[Daniel] Thanks for the reminder, Spark. June is actually the designated month for the Fisher work party (April = Bill's, June = Fisher, August = Pulpit). I think the only two realistic dates are this Sunday the 12th (ECC ends the 11th) or Saturday the 18th (Father's day is the 19th and the following weekend is the Highland Fly-in).

Any preferences between the 12th and the 18th, type now.

Best,
Daniel

LEGAL DISCLAIMER
The information transmitted is intended solely for the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of or taking action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you have received this email in error please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.

Seeing Beyond Money is a service mark of SunTrust Banks, Inc.
[ST:XCL]