CHGPA Board Mtg w/ USFS

For issues related to CHGPA's operations and responsibilities

Moderator: CHGPA BOD

PTerry

CHGPA Board Mtg w/ USFS

Post by PTerry »

Dear CHGPA Members -- As a result of the recent CHGPA Meeting and consensus decision to proceed to the next step on the various site renovation proposals.

Please be aware that the CHGPA Board of Directors has confirmed a meeting with the United States Forest Service personnel on matters of Flying Site Preservation later this month.

Please see the CHGPA PowerPoint Slide Presentation for that meeting here (enclosed as a PDF File).

There are a number of animations and videos included within the presentation. FYI - The animations, videos, and other transition features will not function in this file.

LOCATION: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BwhqopE ... sp=sharing

Please take a look and provide me with any suggestions you may have or other items you think the CHGPA Board should consider. We need all comments back to me before the end of business this Friday 3/22/13.

Thank you.
Patrick F Terry
CHGPA President
202-309-5362
PatrickFTerry@gmail.com
P4, M2, Observer
sailin

Re: CHGPA Board Mtg w/ USFS

Post by sailin »

Based on the phone conversation that was had with Ranger Donahue, it was determined that a smaller group meeting would be most beneficial at this point. It is our hope that this initial meeting with Ranger Donahue will open the door so we can invite her to our next scheduled club meeting. I think that whatever good feelings she has about our club already will only be solidified once she has the opportunity to hang with everybody and get to know you all on a more personal level.

With that said, the upcoming meeting with Ranger Donahue, our club will be represented by your Board of Directors and a few special guests that have intimate knowledge of a current project (such as Jim McClave with Ediths Gap). We will post the meeting minutes so everybody remains informed.

The meeting is scheduled for March 28, 2013 in Edinburg, VA.

thanks,
jon
PTerry

Post by PTerry »

FYI.

USHPA -The United States Hang Gliding & Paragliding Association Endorsement & Support Letter for CHGPA's Site Renovation Projects.

Document Location URL: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BwhqopE ... sp=sharing
Patrick F Terry
CHGPA President
202-309-5362
PatrickFTerry@gmail.com
P4, M2, Observer
lbunner

Post by lbunner »

Very nice guys. Alot of thoughts running through my head on how best to approach the meeting. I think it would be best though to keep our objectives for this meeting very simple. Maybe combine safety with environmental preservation. Good luck to you on the meeting.
Bun