Jacks FridaY

All things flight-related for Hang Glider and Paraglider pilots: flying plans, site info, weather, flight reports, etc. Newcomers always welcome!

Moderator: CHGPA BOD

Jim Hodges

Jacks FridaY

Post by Jim Hodges »

Many thanks to Sparky for his excellent help as an observer at Jacks.

The LZ is completely planted now. So it may not be possible to use it soon, or at least not until the band of hay is cut. I did not catch the lift on the first flight so Sparky landed and we gave it another shot. That was extremely considerate. The second time I turned into the slightly south crossed wind and found the lift. I was able to stay between 250 to 650 above the mountain for an hour and a half. This is my longest flight ever. I also experienced having a red tailed hawk as a companion for a while. Three sail planes continued to cruise the ridge throughout the afternoon. Jacks is another beautiful site to fly!

Jim Hodges
Gene

Post by Gene »

Sparky is the Man, chucked (observed) me off there twice. My first flights off a mountain. I can remember it like yesterday. Wish I had the time to be there Friday. Missed another good day, but pleased to read the posts. Thanks.

Gene
Lauren Tjaden

Jacks FridaY

Post by Lauren Tjaden »

Congratulations Jim, on your flight! Jack's is a GREAT site (well, except for the animal carcasses littering the slope below launch...)
Paul and?I will be back soon and hopefully getting in some mountain flying as well as all the towing we enjoy. Save us some good air!
Lauren (Swamp Bitch/Sky Goddess, depending if you want a slap upside the head or a kiss)Tjaden
Yahoo! Mail
Stay connected, organized, and protected. Take the tour
breezyk1d

Post by breezyk1d »

Jim - I'ts great to hear of your extended soaring flight! I've had the opportunity to sink out twice there, and look forward to eventually soaring Jack's one day too. -Linda B.
hang_pilot

Jacks FridaY

Post by hang_pilot »

Congrats on the 90 minute flight, Jim!
?
How high was the hay?
?
~Daniel

?
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Saturday, May 14, 2005 7:44 AM
To: hg_forum@chgpa.org
Subject: Jacks FridaY
?
Many thanks to Sparky for his excellent help as an observer at Jacks.

The LZ is completely planted now. So it may not be possible to use it soon, or at least not until the band of hay is cut. I did not catch the lift on the first flight so Sparky landed and we gave it another shot. That was extremely considerate. The second time I turned into the slightly south crossed wind and found the lift. I was able to stay between 250 to 650 above the mountain for an hour and a half. This is my longest flight ever. I also experienced having a red tailed hawk as a companion for a while. Three sail planes continued to cruise the ridge throughout the afternoon. Jacks is another beautiful site to fly!

Jim Hodges

h 540-668-6012
c 703-431-7938

Code: Select all

************************************************The information transmitted is intended solelyfor the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/orprivileged material. Any review, retransmission,dissemination or other use of or taking actionin reliance upon this information by persons orentities other than the intended recipient isprohibited. If you have received this email inerror please contact the sender and delete thematerial from any computer. [ST:A234]************************************************