Nice mid-week day at Blue Sky

All things flight-related for Hang Glider and Paraglider pilots: flying plans, site info, weather, flight reports, etc. Newcomers always welcome!

Moderator: CHGPA BOD

Scott

Nice mid-week day at Blue Sky

Post by Scott »

Skipped work today to head down to Blue Sky---I really wanted to fly my new Eagle some more, and it looked like a promising day.

Alas, lift was just lots of small, strong bullets, so no epic flights. (Just enough to find zero sink in lots of places.) But there was a nice group of 4 of us (me, Tim Eggers, Chuck Sinon, and Jay Eppard) and Steve---everyone was laid-back, had a good time yakking between flights. It was hot! One of those days where you fly, then run for the shade and guzzle water (then repeat).

Got 6 extendos, 6 good approaches and landings. Feeling much more comfortable on the Eagle now---flew without the fin for the first time, and hardly noticed any difference---it seemed to handle fine.

Tex has created a "grass masterpiece" around the spot. I didn't even notice it 'til I was on my first landing approach---he's turned the "spot" into a compass rose, complete with arrows and the cardinal directions---very cool! (Looks great from the air.) He actually did it *not* by using weed killer...but by fertilizing only the grass that's part of the design, so it grows thicker, higher, and darker than the rest.

It was really good to get back in the air!

Scott