Woodstock Wed.

All things flight-related for Hang Glider and Paraglider pilots: flying plans, site info, weather, flight reports, etc. Newcomers always welcome!

Moderator: CHGPA BOD

hankh2rbc

Woodstock Wed.

Post by hankh2rbc »

Instead of writing post about helmets, Homer, Adam, Hubble, Bruce, and I decided to take ours flying. Conditions when I arrived at 3:00 were pretty light. Hubble had an extendo. Homer and Adam did a great job scratching from 100 ft under to 300 ft over launch netting around 30 min + or so. I launched at 5:00 into a very light cycle resigned to taking my sled like a man and break down in the LZ. I was more suprised than anyone when I went right to 1000 ft over in baby but smooth lift. Got considerably more punchy and windy to the north. I got 2000 above launch and did a short 7.5 mile cross country to a friend's house and put it down in his front yard entertaining his wife and kids. All in all a great day.

Hank
hang_pilot

Woodstock Wed.

Post by hang_pilot »

[Hank wrote] Instead of writing post about helmets, Homer, Adam, Hubble, Bruce, and I decided to take ours flying.
>>>Ouch, low blow!? It’s not like we’re writing e-mails instead of flying, we’re writing e-mails instead of working. ?J?
[Hank wrote] I was more suprised than anyone when I went right to 1000 ft over in baby but smooth lift. Got considerably more punchy and windy to the north. I got 2000 above launch and did a short 7.5 mile cross country to a friend's house and put it down in his front yard entertaining his wife and kids.
>>>I hope it was a big yard.? Haven’t heard much from Karma lately.? Hope all is well.
~Daniel

Code: Select all

************************************************The information transmitted is intended solelyfor the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/orprivileged material. Any review, retransmission,dissemination or other use of or taking actionin reliance upon this information by persons orentities other than the intended recipient isprohibited. If you have received this email inerror please contact the sender and delete thematerial from any computer. [ST:A234]************************************************