Villa Grove with Mike Chevalier

All things flight-related for Hang Glider and Paraglider pilots: flying plans, site info, weather, flight reports, etc. Newcomers always welcome!

Moderator: CHGPA BOD

Dan T

Villa Grove with Mike Chevalier

Post by Dan T »

On Saturday July 11, Mike Chevalier took me to Villa Grove near his home in Salida Colorado.

Villa Grove launch is at 9700 and the LZ at 8000 MSL. I launched first in the Paraglider and had a pleasant if rather short extended sled to the LZ. Other than feeling like I was in the U2 with the string part way on during the landing approach, the launch and landing on this relatively mild day were uneventful.

After the flight we 4wd'd up to the top of a nearby mountain. Spectacular Colorado scenery and an overall memorable experience.

Mike got to 12,800 MSL and had just over 50 minutes.

Dan T
mchevalier

Re: Villa Grove with Mike Chevalier

Post by mchevalier »

Y'all come and fly here sometime. September and October is the best time with typical glassoffs to 14K. Mike
John Dullahan

Post by John Dullahan »

Mike,
It's good to know you are still flying. Let me know if you come back to the DC area for a visit; I have a glider you can borrow and will transport it to one of our local sites. Maybe I can organize an old timer flying reunion!

John D.
John Dullahan
mchevalier

August

Post by mchevalier »

I'm coming in August. I'll be there from August 14 - 16 near High Rock but won't be able to fly that weekend. I'm bring my harness and Monday I was thinking of going to Ridgley. I fly a U2 145 so need something about that size. Also I'll be driving a small car with no racks (Honda CRX) so won't be able to haul one. MC
John Dullahan

Post by John Dullahan »

Mike,

I have a Litesport 4 which I can bring along to wherever you go to fly (Only requirement is that if you break anything you fix it!).

Looking forward to flying with you again. Give me a call if you would like to discuss details: (301) 203 8281

John D.
John Dullahan