Assorted

All things flight-related for Hang Glider and Paraglider pilots: flying plans, site info, weather, flight reports, etc. Newcomers always welcome!

Moderator: CHGPA BOD

hang_pilot

Assorted

Post by hang_pilot »

The slot at Bill’s is in great shape! Thanks for everyone who pitched in, specifically: Carlos, Chris, David, Jim, Rich, Shawn, Mark and Matthew (apologies to those I have forgotten).
?
Congratulations to Andy and Chris for their first high-flights as well as to their instructors Spark and John.
Chris wrote: I clipped the windsock with my left wingtip, knocking it over…
Sounds like a spot landing to me!? Seriously, you managed a pretty accurate approach for a first high flight.? It’s generally considered a success if you land in the correct field.
?
Ralph wrote: Yeah;? I made that mast for them… Looks like you own me $10.
If you give property to party A and party B busts it, you have no recourse from party B.? Case dismissed.
?
Jim, nice no-stepper on the Sonic! ?Sorry I didn’t catch up with you or your attractive companion!
?
I left too early for a 2nd flight, but not too early to watch Tom C. top-land because he was getting cold soaring for so long.? He added a layer, re-launched and soared more. ?My state of mind re pg’s is now as follows: the potential for collapse factor has been eclipsed by the convenience factor.? Let me know off-list if anyone has a good price on a beginner/kiting pg wing and harness!
?
Brian wrote: I had a nice talk with Lee Glaser, the land owner, who finds us fascinating, and is perfectly happy with us.? nice to know.
??????????? Very nice to know!? Thanks for being a good ambassador, Brian.
?
Man, the sky outside my window looks good today!
?
~Daniel
?
P.S.? The next CHGPA meeting will commence rocking at 8pm on Wednesday the 27th at the 94th Aerosquadron Restaurant on the grounds of the College Park Airport. ?We’ll formally give out the Exceptional Service and Cross Country Awards and hopefully have a safety presentation.? Ralph will wear a thong. ??

Code: Select all

************************************************The information transmitted is intended solelyfor the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/orprivileged material. Any review, retransmission,dissemination or other use of or taking actionin reliance upon this information by persons orentities other than the intended recipient isprohibited. If you have received this email inerror please contact the sender and delete thematerial from any computer. [ST:A234]************************************************
rs54263

Assorted

Post by rs54263 »

>> Ralph wrote: Yeah; I made that mast for them Looks like you own me
$10. If you give property to party A and party B busts it, you have no
recourse from party B. Case dismissed.

Decision appealed: you will owe me $10 if you want me to fabricate new
parts to replace the ones that you damaged /lost on Karen's windsock
mast. (Which you *do* owe her.)

~Ralph
mcelrah

Assorted

Post by mcelrah »

This is why the missionaries invented muu-muu's... - Hugh

On 18 Apr 2005, at 15:19, Broxterman.Daniel wrote:

> ? Ralph will wear a thong. ??
>
> :
> ************************************************The information
> transmitted is intended solelyfor the individual or entity to which it
> is addressed and may contain confidential and/orprivileged material.
> Any review, retransmission,dissemination or other use of or taking
> actionin reliance upon this information by persons orentities other
> than the intended recipient isprohibited. If you have received this
> email inerror please contact the sender and delete thematerial from
> any computer.
> [ST:A234]************************************************
>
>
>
>
>