White Tail Report

For non-flying fun with pilots, friends, and family.
Ski trips, Ethiopean-nights, movies, biking, climbing... All that fun stuff you can't do in the sky.

Moderator: CHGPA BOD

RedBaron

White Tail Report

Post by RedBaron »

I went snowboarding White Tail ski resort this afternoon. All the runs but one facing the parking lot (NE) were open and the quality was surprisingly good, packed powder everywhere and only a very few icy patches here and there. Being on the lee side took the sting out of the wind and made the cold temperature quite tolerable. Cumis forming everywhere, tearing my heart apart, and while I didn't bother to check out the ramps at the Pulpit I swear flying there would have been doable. I mean rough and strong and cold but manageable. The clouds weren't moving very fast and the wind didn't seem to be howling all that bad. It was like made for arctic, epic OTB XC flights.
Batman

Post by Batman »

I pulled out the snowboard and Suzie pulled out her skis. We are heading to White Tail today. Seems like a good way to spend MLK!
Gene

Post by Gene »

I am interested in snowboarding. Actually, my son and I want to do it together. Bonding :D What is the best way to get into SB? He is 14 yrs and we both skateboard. Well, I have balance and can stay on it with out tricks.
Gene
davidtheamazing1

Post by davidtheamazing1 »

Skied at Roundtop... They have a good progression of easy to intermediate slopes. Snow was great today but it was a little cold. They have been making it like crazy. Winds were light, maybe 5mph with lots of high sirrus clouds
lbunner

Post by lbunner »

I checked the blip maps just to get a good reference for this type of day in the future (only a little warmer) and found cloubases predicted at 5000'! winds at the Pulpit were predicted to be 20+ so it may have been a stretch if someone wanted to launch from there.
Bun