Hello All

All things flight-related for Hang Glider and Paraglider pilots: flying plans, site info, weather, flight reports, etc. Newcomers always welcome!

Moderator: CHGPA BOD

scudkid

Hello All

Post by scudkid »

Hello, my name is Joe i am a relatively new P2 pilot (April) and have just relocated to Alexandria from the Seattle area. Being new to the area and directionally challenged, if are heading out to fly on the weekends and have the space, and are willing to trade some gas money and a post flight ale for some site introductions, please let me know. Hope to see you all in the skies soon.
Matthew

Welcome

Post by Matthew »

Hi Joe,

Welcome to the area. This weekend doesn't look too great for flying with 50 percent chance of thunderstorms in the mountains. If weather looks like it will improve, I or someone else will post something.

Matthew
scudkid

Post by scudkid »

Thanks Matthew, I will keep an eye out here for posts.

Joe
eggzkitz

Post by eggzkitz »

Joe,

Great to meet you today and thanks for the ride back up to launch today! And welcome again to the area. Don't worry... the west coast withdrawal will wear off eventually... maybe... ok, not really. But we do fly here! As Tom displayed better than I today. I picked him up 20 miles east of launch...

Call if you want to link up to share a ride flying since we're so close. My car gets a little better mileage than yours :)

808-779-5759 is my cell and my email is jwe@eggz.us

Thanks again and great to meet you.

Jeff
Jeff Eggers
CHGPA President
USHPA 82627
FCC KK4QMQ
eggzkitz

Post by eggzkitz »

Joe,

I will be heading out this weekend. Weather thus far looks promising. We'll keep watching it, but if the weather looks good I'll be going for sure.

Jeff
Jeff Eggers
CHGPA President
USHPA 82627
FCC KK4QMQ
scudkid

Post by scudkid »

Jeff,
That sounds good to me, i will keep checking here or you can call me at 703-859-4056. Thanks

Joe
eggzkitz

Post by eggzkitz »

Joe,

Give me a call if you want to head out. I'll probably leave to go somewhere around 11 or 12. Too nice of a day not too.

Juan is out at Woodstock with some students and said he would give us an idea of winds in a little while.

Jeff
Jeff Eggers
CHGPA President
USHPA 82627
FCC KK4QMQ