New York pictures

For topics that don't fit into any of the other forums: politics, rant-n-raves, cool web sites, anything and everything goes!

Moderator: CHGPA BOD

brianvh

New York pictures

Post by brianvh »

Okay, I finally got a digital camera. and eventually figured out how to post them on the web. Nothing like what you long-time camera jocks produce, but this is just to give a feeling of what my environment is like. Once I have time (a couple more months) I'll try to take some really good pictures.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/brianvanthull

I don't really like their interface. Once you are in the page you'll see some medium sized photos on the left, and then labeled sets on the right. You should go to the labeled sets because that's where I described each photo.

Then you'll see a medium picture on the left, and small pictures on the right. Once again, you should ignore the medium sized photo on the left and click on the first small picture to the right. Then keep clicking on the small one to the right to go through the slide show. You can do the 'view slideshow' thing, but then you lose all the labels.

the slide shows my mac makes is much better, but I don't think non-mac people can run them.
Brian Vant-Hull
deveil

Post by deveil »

brian-the-bachelor wrote:I love this sign in St. Nick Park:
"No People Except In The Company of a Dog"
a bit of advice, if i may? this would Not be something to take a date to see!

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/220/4943 ... dbd6_m.jpg
garyDevan
brianvh

Post by brianvh »

Funny thing is, I can see myself doing just that. Mr. Oblivious. Explains alot , huh?
Brian Vant-Hull
pink_albatross

Post by pink_albatross »

Hi Brian,
you took your pix at low resolution, which is why they are so small. Your mac probably blows them up. Also you *can* label each photo, both title and description and you can do a slideshow. I like flickr. I like getting and leaving comments on photos! Added you as a contact. Have fun! Nice apartment, btw!
-- ellis
pink_albatross

Post by pink_albatross »

never mind....
brianvh

Post by brianvh »

Never mind about the low resolution (they weren't) or never mind about liking flickr? Any interface which has to be explained is badly designed...even though I think the grand concept of the site is great.

the Mac will do an automatic "ken burns" effect, with photos moving across and fading, music added etc. I wish they'd provide a way to change music during the show, or a way to paste slideshows together. Maybe there is if I'd just RTFM a little closer. Can't get imovie to open the iphoto slideshows. This is where Cragin needs to pop in and help me out. (hint).
Brian Vant-Hull