Saturday, February 26

All things flight-related for Hang Glider and Paraglider pilots: flying plans, site info, weather, flight reports, etc. Newcomers always welcome!

Moderator: CHGPA BOD

pink_albatross

Saturday, February 26

Post by pink_albatross »

Woodstock
forecast using ADDS: less than 15knots up to 3000 feet
forecast using airsports launch code, wunderground, TWC (i.e. i can't remember which one exactly) showed a front coming through around 2:00 pm and winds picking up in the afternoon. Calm up until then.
Wind forecast NW to West.

What actually happened was pretty close to the forecast. Maximum wind at launch 3mph, until the front came through at 3:30. 4:00 it was about over and we all got to fly.

Juan and Tom launched first. Marcel and I watched them for a bit wondering about penetration. Then Marcel launched and me shortly after. Lift was good. Actually too good. As you went up, speed increased, so the game for Marcel and me on our non-comp wings was to stay out front and play in the lesser lift. Significant west cross.

Bull in LZ (Juan found that out on his earlier sled), so Tom and Juan landed in the bridgefield and Marcel and I landed in the field next to the LZ.

Nice flights. Wish I had pushed the envelope a little and played a little closer to the ridge.

-- ellis