Motorcycling around West Virginia

For non-flying fun with pilots, friends, and family.
Ski trips, Ethiopean-nights, movies, biking, climbing... All that fun stuff you can't do in the sky.

Moderator: CHGPA BOD

huddlec

Motorcycling around West Virginia

Post by huddlec »

Rich and I spent 10 days on our 650 Nighthawks (1985's with the shaft drive) and had a blast. We camped at a different WV state park every night except the last one: Blackwater Falls, Watoga, Greenbrief (state forest), Pipestem, Babcock (next to the New River), Chief Logan, Beech Fork, and Stonewall Jackson.

Ate a lot of great food at the state parks. WV does it right (like Europe) where you can hike to a wonderful lodge for a fabulous meal. We got rained on a few times, but the only time it was a real drag was on the return. We ended up spending the last night at Jim Rowan's place in Cresaptown (next to Cumberland) because all the motels were full and it was raining.

Highlights of the trip included the stop at Beartown State Park for a hike on the boardwalk through the weird rock formations, lunch at the Greenbrief Hotel, a hike down to the river at Pipestem and dinner at the Mounain Creek Inn (in the park), the free room I won in the Chief Logan lodge (complete with jacuzzi, big flat screen TV, California king bed, room was huge!), and the food and camp site at Stonewall Jackson.

Lots of great roads and fall color. I plan to do it again next year.
Christy
dbodner

Post by dbodner »

If I could succeed in getting Jodie on two wheels, I'm sure we'd love to join you next year.
David Bodner