re paragliding at High Rock

All things flight-related for Hang Glider and Paraglider pilots: flying plans, site info, weather, flight reports, etc. Newcomers always welcome!

Moderator: CHGPA BOD

huddlec

re paragliding at High Rock

Post by huddlec »

Just curious. Did the discussion on the proposal to have a pg launch at High Rock take into consideration that short length of the ridge?? I ask because this is the first launch we will have created on a really short ridge. If you have enough paragliders flying, it becomes almost impossible for hang gliders to fly safely. Out here when the paragliders are out in full force, you won't see hang gliders launching.
Christy

?
Discussion of a proposal we will be making to Wash Co parks to clear a pg launch at High Rock
Yahoo! FareChase - Search multiple travel sites in one click.
hang_pilot

Re: re paragliding at High Rock

Post by hang_pilot »

[quote="huddlec"]Just curious. Did the discussion on the proposal to have a pg launch at High Rock take into consideration that short length of the ridge? [quote]

No. The discussion was whether we should proceed with asking the County, not whether we should proceed with construction. I did not want to get too far ahead of the membership by making the request without running it by a club meeting first. On the small chance they say yes, we will discuss issues like the one you raise.

Congrats on your P2!

~Daniel
hang_pilot

Re: re paragliding at High Rock

Post by hang_pilot »

[quote="huddlec"]Out here when the paragliders are out in full force, you won't see hang gliders launching.

P.S. It is my sincere hope that someday we will have to deal with the issue of overcrowding at all of our launches. :wink: