Smithsburg?

All things flight-related for Hang Glider and Paraglider pilots: flying plans, site info, weather, flight reports, etc. Newcomers always welcome!

Moderator: CHGPA BOD

dzuchero

Smithsburg?

Post by dzuchero »

I haven't seen anyone ask so I will. Is S'burg open
yet?

Re: Smithsburg?

Post by hang_pilot »

[quote="dzuchero"]I haven't seen anyone ask so I will. Is S'burg open
yet?

Not yet. Spark's monitoring carefully as he has students he wants to take there. He'll post when it opens.

Kirshner's is still a good t-hill option. It's no Smithsburg, but I've had some good flights there. Let me know offline, if anyone needs directions: president@chgpa.org

Looking forward to seeing you during 'burg season!

~Daniel
cell 301.275.6584
Spark

Smithsburg is open

Post by Spark »

Eddie Miller just called me to report that Smithsburg is open.

He reported that there is a lot of corn stubble in the landing area.

I hope people will consider spending a few days at Smithsburg this winter to practice foot launch and ground handling.

If you come to Smithsburg please do not forget to observe these simple rules:

- No more than three cars should be parked at the entrance to the field. If you arrive and there are already three vehicles, pull in and drop off your gear, then park on the side of the lane behind (on the east side of) the hill. Park to the side and leave the lane clear for the owners.

- Do not drive more than two car lengths into the field from the entrance. The ground is usually soft and the farmer does not want ruts or stuck vehicles in his field. Many vehicles have gotten stuck because the attempted to pull into the field to turn around.

- Pets must be on a leash.

Enjoy
'Spark