Heard in the White House...

For topics that don't fit into any of the other forums: politics, rant-n-raves, cool web sites, anything and everything goes!

Moderator: CHGPA BOD

Danny Brotto

Post by Danny Brotto »

At his weekly briefing, President Bush was updated on the previous day?s earthquakes in South America. Secretary of State, Condoleezza Rice was heard telling Bush, ?Mr. President, Brazilian people are dead!?

President Bush at once stood up and announced, ?We must help those poor people. South Americans are our neighbors, our friends.? He then turned to his personal secretary and asked in a whisper, ?Ahh, how many is in a brazillian??

Danny Brotto
TQ

Post by TQ »

Take it easy, Danny. Don't you be mocking the leader of the free world like that. He can take care of that all by his-self.

"Let me be very clear about this. Steroids ought to be banned from baseball."?Washington, D.C., Oct. 4, 2005

"Bin Laden says his own role is to tell Muslims, quote, 'what is good for them and what is not.' "?Washington D.C., Oct. 6, 2005

"I think it's important to bring somebody from outside the system, the judicial system, somebody that hasn't been on the bench and, therefore, there's not a lot of opinions for people to look at." ?On the nomination of Harriet Miers to the Supreme Court, Washington, D.C., October 4, 2005

"We look forward to hearing your vision, so we can more better do our job. That's what I'm telling you."?Gulfport, Miss., Sept. 20, 2005.

"If it were to rain a lot, there is concern from the Army Corps of Engineers that the levees might break. And so, therefore, we're cautious about encouraging people to return at this moment of history."?Washington, D.C., Sept. 19, 2005

"God loves you,
And I love you.
And you can count
On both of us.

As a powerful message,
That people who wonder,
About their future
Can hear."

President Bush Jr. - 3/4/04
---
TQ
deveil

Re: Heard in the White House...

Post by deveil »

?Ahh, how many is in a brazillian??
lending credence to the claim that our president could not have participated in the 'cooking of intelligence' leading up to his taking the country into war with the muslim world - the claim that he only knew what he believed, that which was spoon-fed to him, that 'how could he have believed otherwise' when he had no frame of reference to compare what was put in front of him, no breadth of experience, learning or understanding...
prior to his south american visit, when shown a map of south america, he exclaimed "WOW! brazil is really big!"
(as reported to be fact (really) by the national media)
laugh or cry - your choice
mcelrah

Post by mcelrah »

I think our president is intelligent but not an intellectual. His is
willful ignorance, in spite of the best education money can buy. To
the extent that Dick Cheney, Douglas Feith, Lewis Libby, Karl Rove
and others were directly responsible for distorted presentations of
the intelligence on Iraq, Bush is is also guilty quite simply because
he's the boss. There is a reason why the president has advisors; if
he choses to hear only one point of view, his decisions will have
lower quality. The best presidents have valued and listened to