Wills Wing Cross Bar connection Recall

All things flight-related for Hang Glider and Paraglider pilots: flying plans, site info, weather, flight reports, etc. Newcomers always welcome!

Moderator: CHGPA BOD

hang_pilot

Wills Wing Cross Bar connection Recall

Post by hang_pilot »

I stayed earthbound Saturday at Woodstock; wind was stronger than my comfort zone.? John M wasn’t flying either, so we used the downtime to replace the crossbar center hinge pin on my U2 per the recent Wills Wing bulletin: http://www.willswing.com/Tech_Bulletins/pdf/TB20050621.pdf
?
My U2 had the clevis pin/snap ring assembly seen in the right side picture in the bulletin.? Taking apart the assembly was a straight-forward process.? One difficulty was removing the snap ring.? It was hard to apply enough pressure to dislodge it because it wanted to rotate and the ring is so thin that it’s hard to grip it with needle nose pliers.? We gave up and drove to Woodstock to buy a pair of snap ring pliers ($10).? Having the right tool made all the difference.? It was also awkward negotiating the replacement bolt through both x-bars and 4 washers.? You definitely want two sets of hands.
?
~Daniel

?
?
?
LEGAL DISCLAIMER
The information transmitted is intended solely for the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of or taking action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you have received this email in error please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.
?
Seeing Beyond Money is a service mark of SunTrust Banks, Inc.
[ST:XCL]