Hurling tandem passenger...

All things flight-related for Hang Glider and Paraglider pilots: flying plans, site info, weather, flight reports, etc. Newcomers always welcome!

Moderator: CHGPA BOD

Scott

Post by Scott »

Get ready---this is a classic! (Taken from the Oz Report forum...)

An old acquaintance, John "Ole" Olson took a wingtip camera back at his pilot in command tandem flight of a young woman "hurling" with a long vomit string, superb timing indeed. It is a million dollar photograph that used to hang on the refridgerator of another epic, legendary pilot, Brad Lindsey.
Too funny! :D

Scott
mcelrah

Post by mcelrah »

Is there supposed to be a link to a photo? don't see it... - Hugh
Spark

Post by Spark »

'Spark
Spark

Post by Spark »

I was a neighbor of John 'Ole' Olsen for about six months and a friend ever since. We lived in adjacent apartments in the lower level of a house owned by Gloria Stein, owner of the Christmas Tree restaurant, located on the side of Mount Rose, about 3 miles from the 3400 agl launch at Slide Mountain, in the vicinity of Lake Tahoe and Reno, Nevada. Obviously, we flew Slide mountain alot.

At the time, Ole worked part-time as a bartender at the restaurant in the evenings. I'll never forget his specialty drink: 'The Scurvy Dog'. It had a bunch of rum in it ...

I really enjoyed flying and hanging out with Ole. Back then, he drove a white flatbed propane-powered truck named 'The Ford from Hell'. Each winter, he would drive it down to Valle de Bravo, Mexico and host week-long vacations for visiting pilots - the early days of 'Fly Mexico'. I really regret never making it down there.

Nowadays, Oly spends much of his time flying and instructing on trikes. He has documented his many adventures at:

http://www.learntoflytrikes.com/stories.htm

Check it out.
'Spark