stuck in the out box

Problems registering or logging in? Need help with a moderation task? Got a suggestion about how our forums or website should work? This is the place for your forum- and website-related questions and problem reports.

Moderator: markc

deveil

stuck in the out box

Post by deveil »

the pm's that i submit stay in my outbox - don't get sent. what's up with that?
garyDevan
Spark

Re: stuck in the out box

Post by Spark »

deveil wrote:the pm's that i submit stay in my outbox - don't get sent. what's up with that?
My PMs stay in my outbox too, but I am pretty sure that they are delivered. I manually delete them every so often.

Maybe it is not an issue. If you want to test, send one to me and I'll confirm delivery.
'Spark
deveil

Post by deveil »

thanks spark.
the ones i had sent to you were sent immediately and show up in my 'sent' box and not in the 'out' box.
but then i noticed that one that had been submitted to someone else a month ago, as well as a recent one, stayed in the 'out' box and do not show in the 'sent' box.
the ones to you occurred between these events.
so here comes this one (maybe). gary
garyDevan
deveil

Post by deveil »

here's something weird: the indicated time of my prior post swithces back and forth from 9:58 to 10:58(the actual time). upon logging on that posting time shows as 9:58 then shows as 10:58 when i later return to the thread.
yep, just checked and it happened again. the time of this posting will be 11:12
garyDevan
deveil

Post by deveil »

well spark, i figured it out. the pm stays in your out box until it is picked up by the recipent. it is then moved into the sent box.
garyDevan