PPG in USHGA

All things flight-related for Hang Glider and Paraglider pilots: flying plans, site info, weather, flight reports, etc. Newcomers always welcome!

Moderator: CHGPA BOD

mcelrah

PPG in USHGA

Post by mcelrah »

Begin forwarded message:
Date: 24 September 2005 17:11:40 GMT-04:00
To: ias@ot.com (ias@ot.com)
Cc: Dr.amunategui@att.net (dr.amunategui@att.net), hg_forum@chgpa.org (hg_forum@chgpa.org)
Subject: PPG in USHGA

I guess I have low standards.? Not offended in the least to have "Fan Man"? PPGs in our organization.? Met a bunch of these guys at one of Betty Pfeiffer's reserve parachute clinics/repacks.? Yeah they're a bunch of motorheads, different demographic, but they do have to inflate their gliders for launch and flare to land and use reserve 'chutes and share some of our sites, so what's the big deal?? Someone has to articulate what damage it does to strictly unpowered pilots to include them before I will get excited enough to reject them.? Aerotow tugs pollute and make noise - and so do the vehicles we drive to the mountain launches.

Hugh McElrath, USHGA 76062 (H3 AT FL etc.), private pilot for 27 years, fly a 3-axis control ultralite airplane too, working on P2, considering buying a trike
"if? it flies, it's good"
theflyingdude

Post by theflyingdude »

You do have low standards, Hugh, but this debate/discussion is being conducted over on the HG Topics portion of this list and I would prefer not to have post everything twice.

JR
theflyingdude

Post by theflyingdude »

theflyingdude wrote:You do have low standards, Hugh
You've been seen in the company of and flying with Mountaineers. (:-)

JR