Pulpit Fly-In 2005

All things flight-related for Hang Glider and Paraglider pilots: flying plans, site info, weather, flight reports, etc. Newcomers always welcome!

Moderator: CHGPA BOD

hang_pilot

Pulpit Fly-In 2005

Post by hang_pilot »

Hi!
?
Thanks to everyone who supported the McConnellsburg Hang Gliding and Paragliding Festival!
?
The energy at the event was incredibly positive; all the pilots who participated have to be fired up about our free-flight community. There were many folks who deserve special acknowledgement, but as I’m going to write an article for the Skyline, I won’t go into details here.? For now, consider yourself loved! ?I’m sending Chris McKee your way for a spooning.
?
We will hold the awards ceremony for the flying competition at the fall meeting, Wednesday, October 26th, at 8 pm.? The location is still TBD, stay tuned for an update closer to the date. You will be able to pick up your commemorative t-shirt at that time.? As you know, the festival is a fundraising event.? ?It is run on a small margin with profits going to the McConnellsburg volunteer fire department.? Last year we donated $233.? By waiting until after the event to order shirts, we don’t waste money on extras and can make a larger donation.? If you cannot attend the meeting, we will mail a shirt to you.? I have arranged a donation to cover the postage expense.?
?
At the fall next meeting we will hopefully have a presentation from a member of the Shenandoah Mountain Rescue Group (http://www.smrg.org/smrg/DesktopDefault.aspx) on procedures to follow when you are the first to arrive at an accident scene.? Thanks go to Karen Carra for suggesting the idea.? It will be a fun and informative meeting, so please keep that date free. ?No excuses!
?
I hope to fly with all of my friends again this weekend!
?
~Daniel
cell 301.275.6584 ?
?
?

?
?
?
LEGAL DISCLAIMER
The information transmitted is intended solely for the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of or taking action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you have received this email in error please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.
?
Seeing Beyond Money is a service mark of SunTrust Banks, Inc.
[ST:XCL]