I'm outta here

All things flight-related for Hang Glider and Paraglider pilots: flying plans, site info, weather, flight reports, etc. Newcomers always welcome!

Moderator: CHGPA BOD

Gene

Re: I'm outta here

Post by Gene »

My wife restricted my children from this site. Yeah, they are upset. Like Tyson says "Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth". I limited my posting too, fear of the punch. Anyways, I will participant more and roll up my sleeves to make CHGPA.ORG what it use to be. When I joined back in 2002, the club was awesome. It was like a new family (still is) and I thought what a great bunch of people. I miss the comradeship and humor.
Gene
deveil

Post by deveil »

as i recall, JR and his band, the denizens of Zirk's Country Club (wasn't that the name?), used to refer to the crew from this metro area as the DC Geeks.
but i mean, what would you expect from a bunch of bumpkins?
besides, the denizens of tHis whole town aRe "word people". hell man, the only thing most here Do is talk endlessly and/or write relentlessly. DC Geeks seemed appropriate enough -if you can't dO it, you tAlk it. and i recall one prominent member of the dc locale who recently pronounced himself, proudly and publicly, to be a "wonk" !
whattaya gonna do. :| 8)

gary
mcelrah

Post by mcelrah »

Wonk - yes! Highest term of approbation. (Al Gore, when he was at St. Alban's School, was referred to as "Al God"...)

Geek - ditto - refers to more technical knowledge.

Bumpkin - anyone west of Louden County.

Written with tongue firmly in cheek.

- hugh
deveil

Post by deveil »

see! that's the way the poor man talks and he doesn't even have enough sense to be self conscious about it.

tongue most always in cheek due to crowding from foot generally being in mouth.
~gary
deveil

Post by deveil »

and where are those damn flying stories that hugh is always craving?
i thought jim moved the whole half way around the world just so he cAn have some flying stories to make everyone salivate over (yeah i know - over which to make everyone salivate - but in case one hasn't noticed, i've just given up on grammar and punctuation and mostly just go my own way (but often times then end up sounding like a drunk)!].
so on with the flying stories -,( - cauSE even I am geTting tired of hereing from I!. . .)
grary(!)

but yeah shawn, i don't think anyone is overlooking the gist of what you were saying.