PG Launch at High Rock

All things flight-related for Hang Glider and Paraglider pilots: flying plans, site info, weather, flight reports, etc. Newcomers always welcome!

Moderator: CHGPA BOD

Matthew

PG Launch at High Rock

Post by Matthew »

I took a look at a potential PG launch at High Rock. It's the 2nd rock outcropping to the North of the HG launch. Daniel B. had talked a bit with Washington County about opening a PG launch. We'd have to clear about 20 trees-- only a few large ones. And we'd have to build up one side of the outcropping with a retaining wall and then fill the area with gravel and crush and run. It would proably only take about 3 days of work using a half dozen pilots. If I can get a work commitment from the PG pilots in the area, I will pursue approval from the county and financing from the club.

Let me know if you can help. We also need to spend another day building up the PG launch at the Pulpit.

Matthew
hang_pilot

Re: PG Launch at High Rock

Post by hang_pilot »

Matthew wrote: If I can get a work commitment from the PG pilots in the area, I will pursue approval from the county and financing from the club.
That's probably not on Wash Co.'s land. Their parcel is pretty small. I gave a copy of the plat to David B, so you can check it out with him. I think your best chance is sticking to the County's land, since we have such a long history with them.

I'd be happy to contribute to any work party that happens in the summer months when I'm not in school.

I'll send you my draft proposal off-line.

~Daniel
Kurt Hirrlinger

PG Launch at High Rock

Post by Kurt Hirrlinger »

Especially since I hope to start PG this spring I will commit to help on the
launch site. I love cuttin' trees anywho.
2 cents in, leave the grate.