The Pinnacle

All things flight-related for Hang Glider and Paraglider pilots: flying plans, site info, weather, flight reports, etc. Newcomers always welcome!

Moderator: CHGPA BOD

Joe Schad

The Pinnacle

Post by Joe Schad »

The cliff launch faces south southeast. The launch is now ready for operation thanks to Hank who cleared all the tough trees below the launch and Bruce, Gary and Joe who cleaned out a setup area. It is a bit of a hike in but level. Keys are required to get past a gate on the entrance road. Bruce will provide more directions after he christens the site. It should be a sweet south south east facing site.

Joe

This site will be initiated in memory of Terry Spencer.
mcgowantk

Post by mcgowantk »

Thank you and congratulations for opening a new site. This is the first new site since in the 13 years that I have been flying. I deeply appreciate your efforts.

I also want to thank you for dedicating the site to Terry Spencer. I think of him often.

Tom McGowan
hepcat1989

Post by hepcat1989 »

Joe, Is this the same area as the Pinnacle site in Cumberland?
Thanks, Shawn.
stevek

Post by stevek »

That's wonderful! Thank you. And thank you also for remembering Terry.
Joe Schad

Post by Joe Schad »

The site in on north mountain a few miles north of signal knob but west on north mountain. Bruce owns land adjacent to the pinnacle which is located on a hunting club's property.

Joe
Dave Proctor

Post by Dave Proctor »

Thanks Guys. Opening a new site is incredible. I can't think of a more fitting rememberence of Terry.

DaveP
Dave P
hepcat1989

Post by hepcat1989 »

I see... A new site! That's great! Sounded like it was a lot of work.
I'm sorry, I didn't know Terry.
Thanks, Shawn.
jclaytor

New Site

Post by jclaytor »

In a time where USHGA is reporting lower numbers, foot launch sites are increasingly in jeopardy, and flight parks simplifying learning, you guys open a new site...

Making the site a memorial to Terry is simply awesome. Whenever I see pictures of him or otherwise think of him, I am always aware of the great person and personality we lost.

Bruce, I can't wait to hear all of the details about this site, where it is, the LZ, getting to the site, getting to the LZ, direction of launch, site protocals, H-1 to H-7, waivers, paragliders, too many questions...

You guys are the best.

JC
brianvh

Post by brianvh »

And so modestly announced after what must have been many weekends of hard labor...how many of us even knew this was coming? That you guys could have pulled this off without any fanfare at all speaks volumes about your character. True quality.
Brian Vant-Hull
Lauren Tjaden

Post by Lauren Tjaden »

Wow. In all regards. Terry would be pleased.
Lauren