Eagle 180 for sale

HG/PG gear to sell or to buy.

Moderator: CHGPA BOD

RedBaron

Eagle 180 for sale

Post by RedBaron »

Hi Fellas,
I want to sell my Eagle 180, made in 2003. I'm the second owner. The glider has seen about 100 hours of airtime, is in really good shape and flies great, nothing wrong with it.
It comes with a brand-new spare set of downtubes, basetube, side wires and more stuff including a new nose-cone and some spare battens.
Asking $1400, negotiable.

Please contact me at 240-481-6337 or at work: 301-402-7131.
email: jpapakrivos@niaid.nih.gov
mikel

janni

Post by mikel »

Say it isn't so ??????

Are you getting a new glider .....?

Mike
Mike Lee

How 'Bout That
RedBaron

Post by RedBaron »

I will if I succeed to sell this one. I was thinking either a Laminar Z8 or the new Litespeed. Have to testfly them and see how they make out at the secondary LZ of the Pulpit :p
mcelrah

Post by mcelrah »

Hmmmmm. I am not your mother, but you might consider going with a high-performance kingposted and easy-to-land glider like a U2 before going topless right away. The book on Litespeed is that it will smack you if you misjudge the flare by even a little bit. (They are also - despite the name - heavy! A true example of the overused "oxymoron".) Even with intermediate gliders like U2 or Discus, be wary of slipping turns close to the ground on approach - you can develop a lot of speed (down) in a hurry. My two cents worth. - Hugh
RedBaron

Post by RedBaron »

Ooops, wires are running hot not because anybody wants to buy my glider, no it's because I made a joke about buying a topless. I guess all this is going to be great advertisement for my glider. Listen up everybody, I am not going to buy a topless, not now, not in 10 years. It was a joke. I thought my little remark of the secondary LZ and :p made that clear.
Wow, you guys actually do think I'm a demented idiot. I'm quite shocked! LOL
mcelrah

Post by mcelrah »

Ya gotta put the smilies in so I know its a joke. Ya gotta be crazy to do this stuff at all - we should all sit home and watch TV while our arteries clog like normal people - so how am I to distinguish crazy-crazy from highly-astute-and-responsible-crazy who is making a subtle joke? - Hugh
brianvh

Post by brianvh »

You weren't the only one, Hugh. From all the messages I got asking me to intervene and save Janni's soul it seems I'm one of the few who thought it was most likely a joke.
Brian Vant-Hull
deveil

Post by deveil »

jpapakrivos wrote:Ooops, wires are running hot not because anybody wants to buy my glider, no it's because I made a joke...
Wow, you guys actually do think I'm a demented idiot. I'm quite shocked! LOL
nice gotcha !
indeed - very nicely done.
(i told ya he was too big to mess with! ) - (big, apparently, in a number of ways 8) )
garyDevan
RedBaron

Post by RedBaron »

BTW, I really appreciate how you all were concerned about my (mental) well-being, I really do. This is a great community and it's a lot of fun to be part of it. Thanks guys.
Matthew

Stealth 3

Post by Matthew »

Rats! You mean this was a joke? I had a Stealth 3 lined up for you. It was comp and aerobatic tuned and the slipperiest, wing walking yaw-iest glider ever made. Perfect for you.

Oh well.

:)

Matthew
RedBaron

Post by RedBaron »

No it wasn't, I quickly made it up to quiet everybody down. How much for the Stealth?
deveil

Post by deveil »

whoah - ease em back into them holsters boys... i think we got us one a them smarty-pants city slickers here.

that's it, hugh, nice n easy like...

well, at least you put that 'safety' back on... ya hear.

how 'bout we hold him down for ya, ya know - if'n you wanna muss'm up a bit.

( :wink: )
garyDevan
hepcat1989

Post by hepcat1989 »

Ha HA Ha , ah shit!
Janni, just keep your fat ass in check, don't be stuffin no chocolate double dipped eclairs down you neck before you go to bed, and
Fly that fuckin eagle for a while......
It'll do just fine for ya.

See you in the AM
Peace, Shawn.
Batman

Post by Batman »

so much for this being a family forum ....

EARMUFFS!!!