Monday, Columbus Day, a NW day?

All things flight-related for Hang Glider and Paraglider pilots: flying plans, site info, weather, flight reports, etc. Newcomers always welcome!

Moderator: CHGPA BOD

John Anderson

Monday, Columbus Day, a NW day?

Post by John Anderson »

Not that any come-lately Italian from Genoa actually beat out the trans-Asians and then us nordics into the western hemisphere, but hey! I'll celebrate any reasonable day off...

Any of you PG pilots thinking of flying tomorrow? OK, I will start to call around, but it would be nice if the bagsters would offer some meager keystrokes now and then.

John .. the mob is: 703/300-2076
mcelrah

Post by mcelrah »

Nice try, John. I, too, wish the PG-ers would use this resource. I ended up riding bikes Monday... - Hugh
P.S. Get that trike of yours working! Or else buy into our partnership: Aerotrike Safari, HKS 4-stroke, La Mouette Ghost double-surface 14-meter (55-60 mph cruise), fancy British helmets with integrated earcup headsets, intercomm, aviation band radio, color mapping GPS, etc. Hangared at Front Royal.
charlieg

Post by charlieg »

John:
Sorry to cut you off so quickly Sunday - it was beginning to snow through one of the passes on our way back to Denver from Crested Butte and I really wanted to get my other hand back on the wheel. Did you get out to the Barron Cameron soccer fields to kite?
Charlie
Matthew

PG Flying

Post by Matthew »

Yes, it would be nice if PG'ers would use the forum for flying plans. Come on Laslo, Jim, Stephane, Tom and Carl, give us a heads up when you're going out flying so others can join you.

Matthew
Tamas

Post by Tamas »

Sorry guys, next time I will try to overcome my inhibitions towards writing on the list. :oops:
Laszlo and me were at Pulpit on Monday, it seemed promising at the beginning, it ended up with 2x slides to the landing zone. But we enjoyed the beautiful weather and the nice view. Did anyone had better experience in the area?
Tamas
John Anderson

keypads, bones & motors

Post by John Anderson »

PG'ers, Lazlo & Tamas, true enough gave me a chance to join up for Pulpit last Monday, but I had to decline due to a dog issue I couldn't resolve. Anyway, it could be good to give some keyboard classes to some of the bagwingers. But I'm only barely e-literate myself.

Hugh--
I have been meaning to write you a note to say I was mightily intrigued by the acc't of your trike flight from Front Royal via Signal Knob to Strasbourg. Always sort of daydreamed about following that ridge past Woodstock. A trike buy-in is unlikely for me (esp with a sweet machine and 503 Rotax, just over 50 hours, still packed in boxes, and the almost new Aeros wing hanging despondently), but I would lke to come out to your strip and hangar sometime you fly again, see your terrain, get inspired to just maybe get back into motors. It was the bones and motor that last got me up, kept me up for ahwile. But set-up was miserable. Which is why litetrikes or maybe better, motor harnesses, creep into my thoughts these days. But what do new FAA and sport Pilot req'ts say about these latter two? OK, this is maybe another forum and disc. --John