Flying in Virginia?

All things flight-related for Hang Glider and Paraglider pilots: flying plans, site info, weather, flight reports, etc. Newcomers always welcome!

Moderator: CHGPA BOD

DocRock

Flying in Virginia?

Post by DocRock »

Anyone planning to fly on Friday in Virginia? I'd love to hook up with someone.

Daniel
brianvh

Post by brianvh »

I think most people, if they are willing to endure below freezing temps, will head to High Rock or the Pulpit. I'm still trying to figure out if my fingers and nose will still be on speaking terms with me if I fly tomorrow. At any rate, it's better to set up out of the wind at these two sites rather than at woodstock, though woodstock will likely be quite light.
Brian Vant-Hull
Scott

Post by Scott »

Daniel---for those who don't know him---is a solid Blue Sky aerotow pilot (H3), with some mountain experience, looking to gain more! He's a great guy, and I told him he could find some folks willing to show him the ropes at some of our sites.

Of course that means you'll have to join CHGPA if you haven't yet, Daniel. :)

Scott
DocRock

Joining CHGPA

Post by DocRock »

Thank you Scott for your kind words. :)

Actually, I intend to join CHGPA and even try to attend some of the meetings, even though I live in Richmond, VA. I'm interested in getting to know the able mountain pilots that haunt the CHGPA sites.

Daniel
breezyk1d

Friday

Post by breezyk1d »

Hi Daniel; hope you, Charlyn and family had a lovely thanksgiving day.

I'm hoping to get to Smithsburg in the first part of the day, and if I can get in some decent launch & landing practice, I'd love to head to High Rock in the second half of day.

But will be looking for posts on where other folk will be flying.

Beefed up my winter gear another couple layers last week...just in time! - Linda