lawn mower man

All things flight-related for Hang Glider and Paraglider pilots: flying plans, site info, weather, flight reports, etc. Newcomers always welcome!

Moderator: CHGPA BOD

deveil

lawn mower man

Post by deveil »

(lawn mower man - this movie was actually on the tube last night - must be some meaning to that )

anyhow, linda baskerville had contacted me and offered to take possession of the machine with the idea of making it available for site maintenance.
Andrew Wagliardo also contacted me, thinking that he has access to a mower deck that would fit this machine. that would be great, as that is probably the weakest part of the machine. i haven't heard back from him yet, but he could coordinate with the 'new owners'.
the drive pulley of the mower deck had sheared from its hub. i was able to reattach it and it has a good chance of having a good long and useful life. but, in the interest of full disclosure, that pulley could be easily replaced in the future if necessary. a replacement deck(used) had already been located by my neighbor for, at most, $50 - but he talked his wife into the need for a new machine).
the starting/charging system is in good shape - it should be - i donated about $100 of parts from my machine (which had been going unused) after 'someone' had fried the originals with overly enthusiastic (obsessive?) use of a charger/starter.
there is at least one extra blade. the rear tires have new tubes in them. btw, i learned of a technique whereby one wraps the rear drive tires with heavy rope in a fashion that serves as chains, doesn't tear up turf, and can really enhance hill climbing and performance in muddy conditions. (yeah, it's a guy thing!)
anywho, linda will be arranging to pick it up in the near future. i wish it a long and fruitful life. gary
deveil wrote:sears craftsman , 10 h.p., 30" riding mower. FREE to a good home (i.e hang gliding site maintenance use).
a neighbor is giving up on it after doing some kind of damage to the deck - but the rest of it is in good repair.
if there were use for it, i would see about getting the mow deck back in shape. otherwise it will be scrapped. gary devan
mcelrah

lawn mower man

Post by mcelrah »

Paul Gerhardt and I are in the process of replacing the tires on a Phantom ultralite aircraft. The original eqipment is...a "Turfsavr" lawn mower tire - costs about $14 on-line...
- Hugh

>From: deveil <deveil@earthlink.net>
>Date: Fri Nov 18 09:30:43 CST 2005
>To: hg_forum@chgpa.org
>Subject: lawn mower man

>
>(lawn mower man - this movie was actually on the tube last night - must be some meaning to that )
>
>anyhow, linda baskerville had contacted me and offered to take possession of the machine with the idea of making it available for site maintenance.
> Andrew Wagliardo also contacted me, thinking that he has access to a mower deck that would fit this machine. that would be great, as that is probably the weakest part of the machine. i haven't heard back from him yet, but he could coordinate with the 'new owners'.
> the drive pulley of the mower deck had sheared from its hub. i was able to reattach it and it has a good chance of having a good long and useful life. but, in the interest of full disclosure, that pulley could be easily replaced in the future if necessary. a replacement deck(used) had already been located by my neighbor for, at most, $50 - but he talked his wife into the need for a new machine).
> the starting/charging system is in good shape - it should be - i donated about $100 of parts from my machine (which had been going unused) after 'someone' had fried the originals with overly enthusiastic (obsessive?) use of a charger/starter.
> there is at least one extra blade. the rear tires have new tubes in them. btw, i learned of a technique whereby one wraps the rear drive tires with heavy rope in a fashion that serves as chains, doesn't tear up turf, and can really enhance hill climbing and performance in muddy conditions. (yeah, it's a guy thing!)
> anywho, linda will be arranging to pick it up in the near future. i wish it a long and fruitful life. gary
>
>
>deveil wrote:
>sears craftsman , 10 h.p., 30" riding mower. FREE to a good home (i.e hang gliding site maintenance use).
> a neighbor is giving up on it after doing some kind of damage to the deck - but the rest of it is in good repair.
> if there were use for it, i would see about getting the mow deck back in shape. otherwise it will be scrapped. gary devan
>(end of quote)
Flying Lobster

Re: lawn mower man

Post by Flying Lobster »

deveil wrote:(lawn mower man - this movie was actually on the tube last night - must be some meaning to that )

anyhow, linda baskerville had contacted me and offered to take possession of the machine with the idea of making it available for site maintenance.
Andrew Wagliardo also contacted me, thinking that he has access to a mower deck that would fit this machine. that would be great, as that is probably the weakest part of the machine. i haven't heard back from him yet, but he could coordinate with the 'new owners'.
the drive pulley of the mower deck had sheared from its hub. i was able to reattach it and it has a good chance of having a good long and useful life. but, in the interest of full disclosure, that pulley could be easily replaced in the future if necessary. a replacement deck(used) had already been located by my neighbor for, at most, $50 - but he talked his wife into the need for a new machine).
the starting/charging system is in good shape - it should be - i donated about $100 of parts from my machine (which had been going unused) after 'someone' had fried the originals with overly enthusiastic (obsessive?) use of a charger/starter.
there is at least one extra blade. the rear tires have new tubes in them. btw, i learned of a technique whereby one wraps the rear drive tires with heavy rope in a fashion that serves as chains, doesn't tear up turf, and can really enhance hill climbing and performance in muddy conditions. (yeah, it's a guy thing!)
anywho, linda will be arranging to pick it up in the near future. i wish it a long and fruitful life. gary
deveil wrote:sears craftsman , 10 h.p., 30" riding mower. FREE to a good home (i.e hang gliding site maintenance use).
a neighbor is giving up on it after doing some kind of damage to the deck - but the rest of it is in good repair.
if there were use for it, i would see about getting the mow deck back in shape. otherwise it will be scrapped. gary devan
Sounds like its ready to go as a tow rig :lol:

marc
breezyk1d

lawn mower man

Post by breezyk1d »

How'd you know that was my plan ?!?!?! lol! - Linda

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, November 18, 2005 3:46 PM
To: hg_forum@chgpa.org
Subject: lawn mower man

deveil wrote:
(lawn mower man - this movie was actually on the tube last night - must
be some meaning to that )

anyhow, linda baskerville had contacted me and offered to take
possession of the machine with the idea of making it available for site
maintenance.
Andrew Wagliardo also contacted me, thinking that he has access to a
mower deck that would fit this machine. that would be great, as that is
probably the weakest part of the machine. i haven't heard back from him
yet, but he could coordinate with the 'new owners'.
the drive pulley of the mower deck had sheared from its hub. i was able
to reattach it and it has a good chance of having a good long and useful
life. but, in the interest of full disclosure, that pulley could be
easily replaced in the future if necessary. a replacement deck(used) had
already been located by my neighbor for, at most, $50 - but he talked
his wife into the need for a new machine).
the starting/charging system is in good shape - it should be - i
donated about $100 of parts from my machine (which had been going
unused) after 'someone' had fried the originals with overly enthusiastic
(obsessive?) use of a charger/starter.
there is at least one extra blade. the rear tires have new tubes in
them. btw, i learned of a technique whereby one wraps the rear drive
tires with heavy rope in a fashion that serves as chains, doesn't tear
up turf, and can really enhance hill climbing and performance in muddy
conditions. (yeah, it's a guy thing!)
anywho, linda will be arranging to pick it up in the near future. i
wish it a long and fruitful life. gary

deveil wrote:
sears craftsman , 10 h.p., 30" riding mower. FREE to a good home (i.e
hang gliding site maintenance use).
a neighbor is giving up on it after doing some kind of damage to the
deck - but the rest of it is in good repair.
if there were use for it, i would see about getting the mow deck back
in shape. otherwise it will be scrapped. gary devan
(end of quote)

(end of quote)

Sounds like its ready to go as a tow rig [Laughing]

marc